Chapter 4

Lunch finally came, but I wish it had come sooner. One; because I' starving. Two; becuase I'm going to ask Dan what's wrong and this time, I'm getting an answer. As I neared the oval steps, my werewolve smelling ability picked up Dan's scent. I looked around the oval and saw Daniel sitting on the middle step. I walked up to him and stopped when I was standing to the right of him. He was about to say hello, when my foot kicked him on his leg, not too hard, but harder than any human could ever kick. Dan winced in pain and grabbed the area I kicked him and rubbed it.

"Don't be a baby,"  I said and sat down next to him.

"What the hell was that for?" He asked, but not in a mad or angry voice- more is a suprised and amused voice.

"For calling me dummy," I said, remembering it. I thought Dan would tackle me to the floor, or tell me to start running, like he normally does when I hit or kick him, but he didn't, he just laughed. I sat there watching him as if he had lost his mind and grew an extra head that was purple.

"Are you ok?" I asked slowly and confused as to why he was laughing so hard. His laughing finally died down.  I still don't get what was so funny.  

"Yeah, I'm good," he said and pulled out a sandwich from his bag.

"Since when do you bring food to school?" I always thought he bought his food.

"I always bring food, I just scab you're food" he said with smug look. I was really tempted to hit him for taking my food, but I do it to him all the time. Plus he would probably chase me this time and since people are around, I can't use wereolve speed. Dan can use a little, since guy's run faster than most girls, so it would look normal to everyone else.

"Dan, what's wrong? You've been like this for weeks and you keep telling me it's nothing, but it has to be something for you to act this way," I said changing the subject.

"Kat, I don't want to talk about it just yet, until I'm sure."

"Sure about what?" I asked.

"Sure if she is my mate," he muttered so quietly that I bearly heard him. I sat there shocked; that's not what I was excpecting to hear.

"Does this mean I have to share you now?"  I asked jokingly. He laughed. "Who is she? Its a she, right? Your not turning gay on me, now are you?" He laughed again.

"Yes its a girl- I'm not gay."

"Jordan's gonna be disapointed that your not gay." We both laughed. "Who is she? What's she like?"

He hesitated before talking again, "she's gorgoues, strong and funny, but not that bright."

"And you already sound like a love sick puppy. Who's whipped?" He laughed again.

"Don't tell anyone, please," he said seriously, "I want to make sure it's her."

"I wont, I promise," I smiled at him, he smiled back then quickly looked away. I still think he is bipolar.

"Thank you," he said, but he didn't look at me. A few seconds later the bell rang for class.

"No problem." I stood up and kissed his cheek, he tensed but than relaxed. He gave me a quick hug and I did the same before heading to class.

I never thought class could be so boring. Sir made us do a practice test for our exam coming up. Then he gave us a text book and told us to copy pages 250-255. Then to top it off he gave us homework, plus an assignment that were both due by friday. I really wanted to rip his head off, but I think that might attract too much attention, so I ended up throwing a pen at him, which hit him between the eyes and he fell off his chair with a loud thud.