"Nooo..... I could be staying up all night those past couple times, you never know."
Y/N sweatdropped and looked to the side, making intentionally weak attempts at denying Kirigiri's claims.

The lavender-haired girl responded by exiting her own room and putting a hand on her hip.

"I don't really get you. Why would you even do something like this?"

"You don't really need to get it. I'm just doing this because I want to."

"That's exactly what I don't get, what do you gain from doing this?"

"Absolutely nothing."

Y/N's smile never faded, and Kirigiri's blank stare didn't change, she simply acknowledged that trying to figure out why he does the things he does would not only take too long, but also be completely pointless, that's just how he is.

"Anyway, since we're both out, wanna head on to the cafeteria?"

"Do I have a choice?"

"Nope!"

And as decided, they headed on to the cafeteria, but even before they entered the place, they were already hearing laughter from inside.

Cautiously entering showed Kiyotaka Ishimaru and Mondo Owada hugging each other, patting each other, and even complimenting each other.

Their rambunctious laughter may very well be louder than Monokuma's announcements.

Kirigiri sighed, so much for a quiet coffee time.

"Huh... Everyone is really free-spirited."

Ishimaru took notice of the two's arrival and cheerfully greeted them.

"Ah! Goodmorning, Kirigiri kun, L/N kun! What a pleasant morning, this is!"

"As expected of my bro! Capable of putting energy through his own greeting!"

The two hugged each other and laughed again.

The broker's companion walked past him and went straight to the kitchen where she'd brew her own coffee, and to the surprise of absolutely nobody, Y/N followed her.

As far as Kirigiri knows him, Y/N doesn't like bitter things, so she didn't add another serving into the coffee maker.

And her decision was correct, as Y/N just pulled a milk carton from the fridge, as well as oreos from the cupboard.

'So he has a palette of a child...?'
Kyoko thought as she watched Y/N do his thing.

He was even humming contentedly.

Didn't grab a plate for his oreos, so he's intent on finishing the entire pack himself, but he only poured a glass for his milk, then another for water after he's finished everything.

"I'll be heading on ahead, Kirigiri chan!"

He exited the kitchen while the girl continued to wait for her coffee.

After the broker was gone, Kirigiri was left alone with her thoughts.

A few days of peace, she guesses that anytime now, Monokuma would stir up something in order to start another murder again.

But how long until then? This is an answer she'd find out sooner than anticipated.

After she finished making her cup of coffee, Kirigiri also exited the kitchen and went to look for a place to sit.

At the far corner, she saw Y/N eating his oreos happily after dunking it in milk, he was even sitting cross-legged due to his enjoyment.

It was quite endearing, as it is an uncommon sight to see him in.