(15) The Deal

You gasped and froze in your place.

You couldn't believe it: you were talking to Riki's mom. And not just any mom.

Riki's birth mom was the one who ran away and left him in the care of his father.

It infuriated you.

How could she come to South Korea only to take Riki back to Japan with her? That's just selfish!

"Oh?" Rei raised an eyebrow, smirking. "From your reaction, it seems to be you know who my Riki is. As of matter of fact, you know where he is."

Riki's words repeated in your head: I'm glad Jiwon chose to raise me like I was her blood-related son. Riki already had a mother figure, and nothing could change that.

You shook your head. "No, I don't think it's right for you to see Riki." "And why's that?" "Because it would cause more trouble. And how you're talking about this, you have more intentions."

Rei laughed, but it sounded evil and unpleasant, making you sink into your seat. "How about I make a deal with you?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"I meant what I said." Rei leaned back into her seat, crossing her arms and legs. "I'll replace the skateboard free of charge if you let me see Riki."

"Why would I agree to that?"

"Come on—what's your name?"

"Y/n."

"Come on, Y/n! I know that you want to replace the skateboard for Riki, and I will do that if you let me see him." She reached over to grab your hand, which was sitting on the table. However, you were too focused, so you didn't move it.

"Why can't a mother see her son after twenty years of separation? How would you feel if you were in my position?"

"Well, I would've raised him from right when he was born, so I can't relate to you."

Rei suddenly squeezed your hand and looked at you in your eyes. Her gaze scared you.

"Let me see my son, or I will make you pay double the amount for the skateboard," she warned. You scoffed. "Are you trying to blackmail or threaten me? Which one?" "Consider my deal, Y/n; we're going to stay here until you give me an answer."

Rei scared you. You wanted to agree to the skateboard, but at the same time, you didn't want her to see Riki. You felt like something terrible would happen.

You sighed. "Okay, I'll let you see Riki, but you better have the skateboard ready by the end of the week."

"It's a deal!" Rei beamed, grabbed your hand with both of hers, and shook it. "Can I call him real quick, though?" "Of course!"

You got out of your chair and walked to the front of the store. You found Riki's Caller ID and pressed it, waiting for him to answer. "Hello?"

"Hey Riki, can we talk at your house today?" you asked. "Sure. What's wrong? I can tell by the tone of your voice."

"I'll explain it over there. And tell Ms. Park to come over there too."

"You're not hurt, are you?"

You smiled, thinking it was sweet that he was worried about you. "Of course not. I'll meet you over there. See you later!" "Bye, Y/n."

You hung up the phone and saw Rei grabbing her purse and jacket. "I'll follow you from my car." Rei explained, "Lead the way."

For the whole drive, you were a nervous wreck. How would Riki react to meeting his birth mom? Will he be happy, sad, or angry? It bothered you.

You finally parked in front of the townhouse. You climbed out of your car, and Rei came next to you, looking up at the house. "Oh my, is this where my Riki lives at?"

"Yes," you replied. "Does Riki have a job? How did he buy this home?"

"Riki does have a job, and his mother is the one that bought it from him. Park Jiwon, to be specific." You made sure to emphasize that one word.

Rei scowled but didn't say anything. You walked to the front door and rang the doorbell. In a matter of seconds, Riki quickly opened the door. He looked worried. "Y/n!"

He grabbed you by your shoulders and hugged you tightly. You were surprised but hugged him back. "Riki, I already told you that I'm fine."

"I know, but—" Riki paused when he saw the woman behind you. "Um, who's this Y/n? Mom, could you come here?"

"I'm coming, Rik—" Ms. Park paused when she saw the woman, too. Rei's eyes grew wide as she stepped closer to Riki; he stepped back, however.

"Oh my gosh," she said. "You look exactly like Yuta, but you have my eye color and shape."

She tried to move her hands to Riki's face, but he slapped them away. "Lee Y/n, who is this?" Riki demanded.

"Naori Rei,"

"Huh?" Riki turned around to look at Ms. Park. "Mom, do you know her?"

Ms. Park didn't reply. "Let's all talk inside, shall we?"

Rei nodded. "That would be a great idea."

—————
Uh-oh, I have a bad feeling about this :O
Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote and follow!