Family

Remus's POV 

I woke up. A scent of mint and white chocolate wafted around the room. I looked down, below my crimson sheets, jelly beans scattered on the floor after yesterday's events. The charmed "Welcome back" banner now only saying "come back". I smiled at the thought of finally being home.

Then I was interrupted from my thoughts. By James's huge snore echoing from the sofa downstairs.  I chuckled. Ah, how I missed this.

I got dressed and headed straight to the great hall. I was hungry, after all, who can survive on only beeswax-flavoured jelly beans?

The great hall was quite empty being only seven in the morning. So I just decided to sit and look at my timetable whilst I waited for others to come. I had Muggle Studies first up. Not bad I didn't get any classes with Slytherins for today. 

The sound of footsteps interrupted me. I looked up to see a familiar flock of blond hair. Saphire 

"Oh, hey Remus" she greeted

"Hi, how are you?"

"Great, you come here early too?"

"Not really, I was just extremely hungry after having only beeswax-flavoured jelly beans and chocolate frogs. Plus I couldn't sleep because of James's snores."

She chuckled, her mouth curving up into a smile. She looked at my timetable.

"Seems like we have all the same classes.Rare."

"Ya seems like destiny"

Did I just say that aloud? Why am I like this?

She turned a shade of crimson, as my face heated up.

Just then a loud bang came from the other side of the room.

"Good morning, If Sirius asks, say James got bewitched into a pig,"  James said a hint of nervousness in his voice other than his natural goofy sound.

"James Potter!" Sirius bellowed

"HOW DARE YOU TAKE MY PYJAMAS!?"

I felt an uncontrollable giggle rising, but I tried my best to suppress it. Saphire did the same.

"Hi, guys!" a new voice chirped 

"Lily! Good morning" Sirius greeted her, his tone a bit different

"So what's going on?"

"Oh, Sirius was just politely asking me for his pyjamas. Nothing new Lily Flower." James said facing the redhead

"First of all, don't call me that," Lily said

"And second, do you guys have History of Magic next?"

"No, me and Remus have Muggle Studies," Saphire said in her dreamy tone.

"I have History of Magic though," James said in his usual confident voice

"Ugh" 

'So I'm all alone then" Sirius said

"Peter and Alice are probably with you" I added

"Peter's going to miss breakfast, probably," James said "Too busy sleeping"

"As usual" Lily added

By this time most people were already in the hall

"Finally food is here!"I exclaimed 

On cue, Marlene entered the room.

"Hey Marl-" Sirius started

"Less talking more eating," Marlene said

Saphire chuckled, I smiled at the group of friends I had. No, they're not  just friends

They're family