Chapter Two - Money (Isn't All I Want)

ابدأ من البداية

"So" the cat asked weakly to Porsha as he carried the mountain of bags, which height could almost rival the famous Matterhorn. "How was your shopping spree?" "It was totes fabulous!" She said excitedly to began her latest rambling story about her trip to mall. "I got a cute pair of shoes from Marcies, they almost look like the ones Purlena Gomez wore to the Grammys last year. They were soooo cute! I also a got a cute swim suit with loads of diamonds on it that looked similar to the dress Mick Jackrabbit's wife wore at that party..."

As she rambled on about her day, Jerry was wheezing and gasping for air from the truckload the bags. By the time Porsha finished up her story about the fight she had with another girl for the last pair of the rare golden Helena Spirit high tops, Jerry was passed out on the floor after loading in the last truckload of bags in the trunk. "...and that wasn't the craziest part of my shopping spree, there was this totally cute boy I found at the...Jerry?" Porsha asked worriedly as she looked around for her assistant. "Right......here......" the cat said weakly, lying on the floor, begging for help. "Oh let me help." Porsha ran to pick up the cat, who was puffing a storm. "Guess the truckload of clothes I bought took a toll on you, huh?" The wolf-girl asked as she left the dazed Jerry to the limo. "You think?"

—————————

6:30pm

"Aahh...what a day." A content Porsha said as she finished putting up the numerous bags of shoes, dresses, mini skirts, bras and other assorted items she bought from countless stores in her luxury closet in her bedroom. She just slid the last pair of jeans into her dresser, and was ready to take a well earned nap. She plopped herself on her fluffy designer bed, and snuggled herself in. She would definitely admit she was living the good life. She had almost everything she could asked for. New clothes, new shoes, new everything. She had the life most people of the world would definitely love to have.

But yet, despite having everything she would wanted, deep inside, a tiny part of her wasn't happy. For the past few years, she desperately wanted some more than dresses or shoes could ever give her: the attention of her dad, Jimmy Crystal. Since she was little, he never bothered to be around, bond, or even talk with her. Most of the time, he was wrapped up in meetings or holding auditions to find the latest talent (or "moneymakers" as he called them) for his theaters. And every time she tried to get his attention, he would mostly shove her away or give her his credit card to spend a fortune with. Although she was happy to do a shopping anytime, most of time she wanted to spend some quality time or even gain a sliver of attention from him.

Besides, she had no choice anyways. Despite her popular status, she never did had any true friends. Most of the time, she didn't know how to have or even make a friend and when she did hang out with other kids her age, the people who she hanged out with were either the kids of her fathers friends, or friends hired by Jimmy, who she both had barely any connection or similar interests with. In fact, the only person she really considered a friend was her father's talent scout, Suki. Ever since she was little, she felt that Suki was the only person she could talk to. She was there for Porsha when Jimmy couldn't. From birthdays to class plays, she was there to make sure she was happy and okay. Unlike Jerry, who only took care of Porsha to keep her father happy, Suki was genuinely concerned with Porsha's well being. Whenever she was sick or injured, Suki quickly came to her aide, and stood by her side until she felt better.

Out of everything she had in this world, Suki was the most cherished person she held most dear. It makes her wish sometimes, she had an equally good relationship with a person her age or at least with her dad. That would be the best gift she could ever have. Suddenly, a knock on her door snapped Porsha out of her snooze and back to reality. "Porsha?" It was Jerry, probably came to check up on her for the millionth time today. "Yeah" said Porsha in a half awake voice as she walked towards the door. "What it is, Jerry?"