Chapter One - Brand New Day

Hello. Welcome to my first ever story in Wattpad. I decided for my first story to a fanfic centered around my favorite character from Sing 2, Porsha and an original OC I created. I hope you like it. Also, I would like to take the time to point out that with the exception of my OC's, all characters and settings featured in this story except where noted belongs to Illumination and Universal. Also, the songs featured in the story also belong to their respective owners. With that out of the way, let's get started......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calatonia - June 19th, 2018 9:00am

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEE—

Jason slammed down his alarm clock. He tried open his eyes, but they fell each time due to being away from light to so long. He lifted himself from the bed and yawned exhaustedly and proceeded to rub his eyes to help himself wake up from his slumber. "Uggggh, what time is it?" He said in a half awake voice as he grabbed his alarm clock. His eyes suddenly snapped wide open in shock as 8:00am lit up from the LED screen of the clock.

"OH GOD I OVERSLEPT!"

Jason jump out of bed and proceeded to run the bathroom in panic to take a quick shower. He didn't want rot be late for his job. For the past few months, Jason had been working for The Moon Theater as Buster Moon's assistant manager and marketing assistant. For him to work for a place like The Moon Theater was Jason's lifelong dream. Since he was a little boy, Jason had a strong love of the theater and arts, and Jason had been looking for ways to be a part of the Moon Theater. He even snuck in to some shows during and before Buster's ownership of the theater. He even literally spent a whole week at the local library to read up on stagehand techniques one summer before the strict librarian chased him out.

Since his first day on the job, Jason had never felt happier than he ever been and because of his prior knowledge of the theater thanks to some community theater classes, he excelled in every task handed to him. The job also gave Jason many friends, such as punk rocker Ash, aspiring performer Johnny, singer/mother of 25, Rosita, aspiring singer Meena and flamboyant dancer Gunter. The job also gave him enough money for a modest apartment to live in, as well as a shorter walk to work. As far as jobs go, Jason Barnes had definitely been living the good life.

However, despite being very happy working for Moon and having everything a person could have, Jason still couldn't feel happy. Despite his success, Jason was forced to suffer painful memories of an life he wished he left behind years ago. Unbeknownst to anyone, before he got a job at the theater, Jason used to live in a dangerous neighborhood with his parents and brother, which wasn't easy. He spent 10 years of his life of strife and spent most of his childhood working to the bone in the streets. While other children learned long division inside a air conditioned classroom, Jason spent half his day homeschooled by his parents in a broke down house and spent the other half selling newspapers and collecting cans to earn some money for a few groceries for their evening meal, which would be his family's only meal of each day.

But despite everything, his parents tried to give him and his brother a decent childhood. They took turns homeschooling him on the weekends when they are not working overtime as janitors for the local diner and, to give them something to lift their spirits, signed him and his brother up for community fine art classes, which he recalled as Jason recalled where the only parts of his life he enjoyed, as it helped him gain a apperception for the arts and helped him for once temporarily take him away from reality, and onto a little fantasy world where all his problems for once, didn't bother him.