Heartache - Demon Slayer

" Giyuu, I don't think you understand... " She said while holding a bundle of flowers. 

" I want to love you, I really do. But all my love has been used up by those before you, I don't think I could do it all over again... " He looked into her dull eyes, they mirrored those of his own. 

Two people with loss, sorrow, and anger filling them. He knew how she felt, but she didn't think he understood enough. 

" I understand, thank you for telling me Kazuna. " While he spoke it felt as if he wanted to say something more. 

Giyuu turned around, his back facing her. He began walking slowly, he had been disappointed before... so why did it ache? Why did his heartache? 

Hesitation became very clear on Kazuna's face as she knew Giyuu wouldn't turn around to spare her a glance after making a decision final. She brought the flowers close to her chest as her jaw clenched. 

" TOMIOKA! " She yelled out. 

Kazuna began to run after him, he looked over his shoulder. She jumped up letting go of the flowers and tackled him onto the ground. The flowers fell down on them. 

" Giyuu, I want to love you, I really want to make you feel alright and someday take you somewhere nice. But I'm just so tired, that I can barely stand anymore, all my energy has been used up on people who barely lifted a sword for me, people who hurt me, who left me to die... " She admitted. 

" I want there to be something that will be just ours, that will belong to just us. But I'm just so tired of it all, you fill my heart with joy, and when I watched you walk away a couple of minutes ago... my heart ached. I-I hesitated. " Kazuna said. She grabbed his hand placing it on her chest. 

" Can you feel that? " She questioned. 

His face turned red, he wanted to say something. Anything but he wanted this moment to stay as it was, for them to be alone, together. 

" My heart is beating at an abnormal rate and you're the cause of it Giyuu. " She stated. 

" Will you take responsibility and help me heal so I can love you better? " Kazuna asked. 

He took her into his loving embrace, with her by his side he couldn't have wanted anything more.