Ejected-Imposter Henry (Part 1?)

**Note, the oc/fankid I made for this au (Astra, Henry's adopted daughter) is in this oneshot. Hope that doesn't cause too much confusion. People who follow my tumblr, deviantart, and Wattpad will probably have more context than those on Ao3. Also: I might write an alternate ending to this, but let's consider this the main timeline.***

____

Dread weighed down on Henry like an anchor. Blood dripped from his lips and claws, and Charles saw him.

Charles saw him.

Now he knows.

The two stared at each other tensely. Unsure who would act first.

Charles' face.. Henry had never seen a more betrayed and horrified look.

Charles took a step back, Henry could see the cafeteria at the end of the hall behind Charles.

The emergency button.

Charles bolted, and Henry gave chase. He couldn't let Charles out him to the rest of the crew! He didn't want to hurt the man, but he couldn't let him reach the button!

Henry was normally faster than earthlings, but Charles' military training made him a much harder target, not to mention he had a head start. Charles reached the cafeteria, luckily no one else was around to see, but he managed to reach the table, so Henry's luck was short.

They stared each other down, Charles hovered his hand above the red button. Henry looked at him pleadingly. Henry held his hands up, "Charles, please!" Henry took a step closer. Charles glared back at him. "Don't come any closer!" He ordered, his voice both authoritative and fearful. Henry halted. Charles began to well up a bit, his hands shaking. "How could you? I thought you were better! You told me you weren't like other imposters!"

Henry said nothing. He wasn't sure if there was anything he could say to make this better. Charles continued. "I defended you. I told everyone you were a crewmate. I lied to everyone for you!"

Henry looked at the floor shamefully. "You killed Winston too, didn't you?" Henry nodded.

Charles had tears running down his face. "First Winston... now Calvin.."

Charles took a shaky breath. He seemed a bit conflicted, still hesitating to press the button. The button that could end Henry here and now.

"I thought you were better.."

The alarm rang, and the crew came running. This was it. Henry couldn't get out this time. Dripping with blood, and Charles against him, there's no way out.

...

It wasn't surprising when the crew turned on him, but it still stung. They forced him into the airlock. A thick paine of glass separating them. The majority of the crew stared at him with anger and horror. Charles avoided eye contact. Henry's eyes darted around, briefly meeting his co-worker, Right's gaze. Reginald clung to Right's side.

Captain Galeforce stepped ahead of the group, looking directly at Henry. "Stickmin." His stern voice, combined with the already vulnerable position Henry was in, struck fear into him. All it took for Henry to be launched into space was the press of the button, his fate lies with Hubert Galeforce.

That wasn't the worst part, though. Henry still had a secret from the crew, a secret that only Charles and Right knew.

His daughter. He hid Astra in the vent in his room. What'll happen to her if he dies? Henry couldn't help but well up a bit. His mind raced. What should he do? He had to do something right? Could he? What should he do!?

His claws dragged down the glass, scratching it. Usually he could rip through metal if he put in enough effort, the fact that he did so little damage unnerved him more. What kind of glass was this?