Double Agent Part 1 (Panstick)

*Inside job AU: An au where Dave was purposefully Helping Henry throughout the series. Like a double agent. Someone on Tumblr proposed this idea to me and I decided to write/draw stuff for it.*

Henry sat in his cell, as two officers approached him. Rupert and Dave.

"Oi you! You're free to go!" 

"Haha! Not really. But you got a package. Don't get your hopes up, we already checked it. Didn't we Dave?"

 "Huh? Oh! Yeah of course I checked it. If I didn't check it I would lose my job and I don't wanna lose my job! Hehehe…" The two walked away, Henry opened the package, then looked up to see Dave wink at him before leaving the room. Henry smiled, Dave always had his back. His hero.

Henry crouched behind some bushes outside the museum with his newest goal: the Tunisian Diamond. Henry pulled out his phone, shooting Dave a text. Dave was inside near the history exhibit, when he felt his phone buzz in his pocket. Dave checked his notifications to see a message from Henry. 

Henry: I'm outside rn gonna sneak in.

Dave: idk Henry… I might have to catch you if you break in ;)

Henry: lol 

Dave: Don't worry, I gotchu <3

Henry: thx see you soon :)

Dave chuckled, putting his phone in his pocket. He glanced around the room, he glanced at his coworker. He had to distract him if Henry was gonna get in. Time for his "incompetence" to shine again. "So, why'd you decide to be a security guard?" Dave asked. Kurt rolled his eyes, "It's a job that pays, that should be enough." He replied rudely. Dave cringed internally. Great. Why couldn't he have been partnered with someone more chatty? Despite his minor annoyance, Dave continued. "Haha yeah… I get that. I used to be a policeman, but it didn't really work out. There was this one prisoner we had in holding…" Dave rambled, if he just kept talking, Henry could get through easily. "My coworker used to tease him a lot. But that's not important I guess. Anyway, he was there for like a month. One time he got this package, like some prisoners do. So I gave it to him, but I uhh forgot to check it. There was a cake in the box and there was something in the cake so he used it to escape. And then I lost my job." "Ugh. Please. Shut up." Kurt said, clearly annoyed. Before Dave could respond, a model plain slammed into the back of Kurt's head. Rendering him completely unconscious. Dave looked across the room, there was the man of the hour, Henry himself, who had somehow created a huge hole in the wall. Dave felt somewhat relieved that he didn't have to keep talking to his rude coworker, but he couldn't break character just yet. "Oh no! I gotta warn somebody!" Dave smiled at Henry briefly, then started running towards one of the support beams in the building, then slammed into it, falling to the ground. Henry rushed to Dave's side, worried that he might've actually gotten hurt. "Don't worry about me, I'm fine." Dave winked at Henry, then closed his eyes. Henry smiled and gave him a quick peck on the forehead before running off to finish his mission. When Dave "regained consciousness" he was surprised to find that his boss wouldn't fire him despite the fact that Henry's heist was successful. He couldn't wait to see Henry later, he was probably ecstatic. 

Dave walked to Henry's hideout, he was the only other person who knew where it was. They usually spent a lot of time together in that hideout. It was their little corner of the world, a safe space just for them. Dave knocked on the door. "Henry! It's me! Can I come in?" The door opened. Revealing the thief. "Well if it isn't my knight in shining armor." "Hi Henry!" The two hugged each other, it had been a while since they had hung out like this. Dave kissed Henry on the cheek. "So what's your plan now?" Dave asked "Gotta lay low for now." The thief replied. "I guess I'll be visiting you here more often then, huh?" Dave said in a slightly flirty voice, wrapping his arms around Henry's waist. "Looks like you will." Henry chuckled, returning Dave's embrace. "C'mon, let's have some dinner, you must be tired."

Dave was true to his word, he did visit Henry when he could. He was happy to do so. It got easier over time, as news of the Tunisian Diamond faded in relevance, being replaced by stories about some big band of criminals. Eventually Henry was able to visit Dave at his apartment in town, instead of Dave having to go to the forest. Henry walked through the intricate plants in the jungle, annoyed when a branch hit him in the face. Getting to and from the hideout was always a hassle thanks to how remote it was. But it was a necessary evil. After a long time of walking, he finally arrived at the place Dave called home. His legs were sore from the long walk, he just wanted to sit down and cuddle with Dave. He knocked on the door. "Davey! I'm here!" Henry waited for his love to open the door. And he waited. And uh, waited. No response. He knocked on the door again, feeling uneasy. "Dave?" Still no response. Maybe he was at work? Henry decided to give Dave a phone call. He probably just went to the store or something. Henry selected Dave's phone contact, waiting for him to pick up. It went straight to voicemail. He tried again, and got the same result. No response from Dave. Now he was worried. Why wasn't he answering? Henry, feeling panicked, knocked on the door. "D-Dave? Are you there!? DAVE!" No response. Where was he?

 Where was he?