Chapter Twelve

"So, that actually happened?" I take a deep breath as I continue walking toward Abbie's house. "Yeah. Yeah I guess so." I make my way up her front steps, still talking to her. I open her front door and say a quick hi to her parents, still talking to her. I walk downstairs, and can hear her talking from her bedroom. I walk into her bedroom, and hang up. "So then we made hot cocoa, and talked." Abbie puts down her phone,"And you talked about..." She leaves her sentence hanging for me to continue it for her. "We talked about... about... everything."

Abbie raises her eyebrows, and moves down her bed a little bit,"Everything, huh?" I smile and laugh,"Everything." Abbie laughs and texts someone. "I'm inviting Sara. Cool, right?" I laugh,"Cool stuff." Abbie gets up,"Sara will be here in twenty. I'm going to go take a shower." I nod, and she leaves to her bathroom.

When she leaves, I go on her MacBook, and start watching old covers of songs by Kenny Holland and Shawn Mendes. After a while, someone grabs Abbie's headphones off my head,"Hey, Liz!" I roll over, and take the headphones off. "Hey SARA!" I catch Sara up with what's happening, then Abbie comes out of the bathroom in her PJ's.

"You up for spending the night?" Sara and I look at each other. "What do you like I am going to say?" Abbie rolls her eyes,"I know, I know." She then proceeds to toss me a tank top and pajama pants.

~

It is Sunday around noon. I am making my way home from Abbie's. When I get to the apartment, I start heading toward my room. "Honey! Don't forget about church!" My mom was never religious, but since her and her fiancé started dating she went to church, and forced Ella and I to go with her.

"Mom. Do I really have to go?" I start closing my bedroom door, when my mom puts her hand on the door, forcing it open."Yes. Now get in appropriate clothes." I start closing the doors,"Whatever."

I grab my pajamas, and head toward the bathroom. She is not going to force me to go with her. Not today. [note:I do not hate religious people. This is just a story.]

I ended up telling my mom I had a bunch of homework, and made up a bunch of assignments that I needed to do.

I look down at my phone, not sure if what I am about to do is worth it. I take a deep breath, and dial his phone number. It rings. Once. Twice. Three time. Then he answers. "Hello?" I take a deep breath,"We need to talk."

~

After a few minutes of talking, we decided to meet at a local coffee shop and talk. In person. I'm better at this over the phone.

When I get there, I see Warner in there, grabbing two hot chocolates from the barista. I suddenly feel a pang of guilt, realizing what I was about to do.

That's when Warner saw me. He waves, and sits down in a seat in the back. I smile, and walk in. I sit next to him, and take the hot cocoa. I make sure I have the five dollars in my coat pocket. I smile, and we just sit there for a moment, drinking our hot cocoa. "Um..." Warner looks at me, and I adjust myself in my seat, so I am facing him. "We need to talk." He adjusts himself so he is looking at me,"About what?" I take a breath,"I think we should break up." It is quiet for a second, and he just looks at me. I look down at my hot cocoa, and put it down on the table.

I grab the money from my jacket, and leave it resting in my hand. "Warner, you can't just leave me waiting for a reply." He doesn't change. I stand up, and put the five dollar bill on his knee,"Thanks for the cocoa." Then I leave.

I guess it was a little cruel, but thats life. Right? But I guess it wasn't right that I used him to cover up my pain.

~

The familiar honk of the car came from outside. "I'm out!" I run out to the car, and Abbie drives toward school. "I broke up with him yesterday." Abbie keeps looking ahead. "I figured."

We pulled up to school, and I got out,"See ya later, Abs" I start heading toward the front doors, and walk inside, heading toward my locker. People watched me as I went through the halls. When I get to my locker, Sara is standing there. Waiting for me, obviously. "Whats going on?"Sara just tilts her head,"You don't know, do you?" I open my locker."No. What's going on?" Sara looks around, and whispers,"Here isn't the best place." She then proceeds to lead me toward the girls bathroom.

When we get inside the bathroom, she makes sure no one else is in there. "You broke up with Warner last night, right?" I nod,"Yeah. Why?" Sara just looks at me,"He got drunk last night at Brendan's." I nod,"So? A bunch of people get drunk every night. Do I need to remind you of that one time when..." Sara looks like she is about to kill me. "Don't. Ever. Bring. That. Up. Again." She takes a deep breath,"Please."

"I still don't get what the big deal is." Sara shakes her head,"He was the schools quarterback, the best player. Wining all the games for the school. But when his parents found out Warner was drunk when he stumbled in late last, they pulled him out here, and are putting him in some boarding school in Maine. And now..." I shake my head,"Everyone's blaming it on me." She nods,"Yeah, kinda."

We stand there for a second. "How did all that get around so fast?" Sara shrugs,"Word gets around. Especially when it's about football."

~

SO... this chapter sucked. Sorry about that. Someone *cough cough* practically forced me to update. -Caroline xx