"I am aware of that, but it has already been established that this dream is about what happened when that brat of a human child, Dorothy, tried to kill me!" I can't hide the snarl nor the contempt I feel from the memory out of my voice.

Alright! No need to get upset. Now calm down. The Witch says in much the same way a mother would try to calm a child. You believe the dream is just a memory, but I don't have any such memories of these events.

"So just because you don't remember them then it has to be a… a vision of sorts? That's utterly ridiculous!" 

Is it really that hard to believe? The Witch asks, as she watches me pace. 

"Of course it is!" I snap again. "As I told you before it is more of a memory of sorts from that past, and the reason I know this is because Glinda and I have talked about it. She explained that it isn't uncommon to have flashbacks and nightmares of traumatic experiences that we may have been through in order to cope with them, so I have no reason to assume otherwise!"

You don't wish to listen to reason, and you have little desire to know the truth of what you dreamed, so believe what you wish, Elphaba, but you know I am right! The Witch rolls her eyes as she folds her arms across her chest.

"Oh for Oz sake! Go away, Witch, or I'll get rid of you for good!" I was annoyed by her talking. The Witch begins to cackle, and looks very amused. "What's so funny?" I demand angrily.

You are. She smirks and gives a slight cackle, tilting her head to study me. You do realize to get rid of me you would have to kill yourself because, my pet, you and I are one on the same! Before I can respond to her she vanishes and the image in the mirror staring back at me is once again my own.

Irritated, shaken, and realizing that there is no way in Oz I will be going back to sleep, I decide that I will go for a walk. After changing quickly Imake my way to the door when Chistery seems to appear out of nowhere. I smile at him. "Hello Chistery. You can't sleep either?"

He shakes his monkey head and with an effortless flap of his wings he flies over to me and takes my hand. "C-can't s-sleep."

"Then join me as I walk." I carefully lifted him into my arms, cradling him, as a mother would a child, being extra careful of his wings. "Chistery, do you believe dreams tell the future?" He looks at me and makes a quiet noise of confusion, so I try to clarify. "Do you believe that visions and dreams are the same thing? I mean, that one can know what is to come from a dream or perhaps remember things of the past?" 

Christery is silent for a few beats, and  gives a quiet monkey sound of apology, and nuzzles against me. He shakes his head before looking away." I… no dream." He makes a distressed noise then, and I realize he is afraid I am angry with him. Giving him a gentle squeeze I smile down at him. "It's okay, Chistery, I am not angry with you." He snuggles against me as I move to a bench under a tree and sit down, hoping the cool night air calms me. Sighing I lean back and rest my head against the tree knowing I won’t be going back to sleep.

(Glinda's POV)

From the shadows where I am hidden I can see nothing, but hear everything. Which is the last thing I want to hear. I hear the voices of an angry mob yelling, guards ordering people to back up, and the sound of pure chaos. There is a strong smell of smoke and burning flesh, along with much cheering, and a loud agonizing scream of pain.

That scream chills me to the bone. I want to run towards the person, but I can't. I want to cry out, but I have no voice. I want to do something, but I can't do anything. All I can do is stay huddled in the shadows, eyes squeezed shut, hugging myself ,and pray to Lurline that this is all a nightmare.

Then the screaming stops. A deathly silence fills the air for a few moments before hundreds of voices begin talking anxiously and quickly. Then a cheer of joy erupts, and I scream!

"Glinda! Glinda! Calm down, sweetheart, it was just a dream!" I hear the familiar voice of Momsie, and I throw my arms around her. Sobbing against her I cry, "Oh Momsie, it was absolutely horrifical! I… I dreamed… dreamed that there were people after my Elphie! Th-they wanted her dead! I could not see her from where I was! Then...then there was a pungent smell of burning flesh, and the next thing I knew El-Elphie d-dead!" I begin to wail.

(Lerena’s POV)

I frown and hug Glinda close as she wails. “Oh sweetheart, I’m so sorry, but it was just a dream. Unfortunately, a very horrible one, but a dream nonetheless.”

“I- I know, b-but it felt so real, Momsie!” She sits up and looks at me, and I give her a small sad smile. “I believe it felt real because there was a time it was real to you.” A confused look crosses her face, and so taking her hand I explain, “This is not the first time you have had this dream, or at least one similar?” I ask her even though it is more of a statement.

“Well, no. No it isn’t.” Glinda shakes her head. “I have had it many times before… before finding out that Elphie wasn’t dead.” Her brow furrows. “Momsie, I haven’t had that dream since I came home, and learned of Elphie, so why would I be having it now?”

I think for a few minutes before I voice my opinion. “I can’t say that I am exactly surprised that you did, and before you question me, please let me explain." I had noticed Glinda was about either ask or object, and when she settles and gives a nod to go on, I do. “I wholeheartedly believe that the reason you had this dream has a lot to do with the stress you have been under lately. The time you truly felt distress over something, namely the witch hunt for Elphaba, it resulted in you, to a degree, witnessing what you believed was her demise."

After thinking it over she nods slowly. "That does make a bit of sense, now that I think about it." She smiles and gives me a hug. "Thank you, Momsie. I feel much better now."

"Good," I replied. "Now you need to get ready, and then we should go get Elphaba. There is much to go over before the wedding tomorrow."

"Oh that's right!" Glinda jumps to her feet, and rushes towards the door.

"Galinda!" I call out , halting her in her hast towards the door by using her birth name. When she looks at me questioningly. "Aren't you forgetting something?" She shakes her head slowly. "N-no I don't think so." I chuckle and motion towards her drawing attention to the fact she is still dressed in her nightgown.

"Sweet Lauraline!" She blushes and immediately bolts to her closet to find an outfit.

"Why don't I go get Elphaba, and we will meet you in the dining room in about a half an hour?"

"Okay, Momsie! Sounds good!" She calls from somewhere in her closet. Chuckling, I leave  the room shaking my head as I go.