chapter 14

Tony walked into the sitting room. Outside the sunrise sent streaks of red and pink across the sky. He grabbed the tv remote resting on the side of the sofa when he noticed something. Natasha lay there, sleeping peacefully. But there was something in her hand. ' a book?' tony thought.

He gently tugged it out of her hand and turned it so the cover faced him. Now tony recognized it. Steve's art booklet. 'cute!' he thought as he started flipping through the pages. He stopped to admire the watercolor painting of all the avengers, his fingers wandering over it to find him on Steve's right side, smiling. He looked at the top of the sheet. It had been done after the Germany thing. Tony smiled gratefully.

He turned over the page and smiled even more. A picture of Natasha probably on one of their missions smiling happily and her eyes crinkled, wearing two dutch braids in her hair and a floaty pastel pink dress going to just above the knees with puffy sleeves. They seemed to be on a beach.
There was so much detail tony thought it must have taken him hours.

Again on the next page, another of her, at the battle of New York a few years back, this time using pastels and with just as much detail.

Tony frowned at the next page however, a picture of Sharon, hastily drawn it seemed, with very little character. He shook his head a little.

" Hey tony!" A voice said behind him, making him jump. " Hey Steve." He said. Steve looked at the book, taking a second to realize it was his. "Shit" he said, lunging himself at it. " Ah ah ah!" Tony said teasingly," language cap!" He held the book as far away as he could but, as he was much smaller than Steve, Steve managed to grab hold of it.

Like a tug of war the two pulled the book back and forth between them when finally Steve got the upper hand, pulling the book away from tony where he held it protectively to his chest.

Tony put his hands up in defeat. "Fine," he said," but I've already looked through it..."
" What!" Steve answered, looking panicked.
" Yeah, nice drawings of red in there," tony winked nodding his head to the side.

Only then did Steve see Natasha, and he smiled. She looked so peaceful, and beautiful,' what no!' he thought. But it was true.

"Cap?" Tony said loudly. Steve looked up to see him raising his eyebrows, smirking. Steve rolled his eyes and walked to get some food.

Steve looked out the window, the sky now the colours of dawn, wind rustling through the trees. He looked down. " I like Natasha." He whispered to himself, more like a fact than anything. He smiled. How could he not.