chapter 1

Natasha sat on her bed, hugging her knees tightly to her chest, gazing out the cobwebbed window. It was a long time since she last used this safe house, the only reason she was even there is because that's exactly what it was, safe, unlike most other safe houses at this point. For her anyway. Because Clint knew where they were, and he may not even know she had changed sides at the last minute, might tell whoever interrogated him, and Natasha was sure they would, about the houses out of pure hatred for her.

She clenched her fists thinking about them, the avengers, the civil war, how she had just lost another family. Lost Steve. At this she put her head in her hands. Her best friend. And because of this she had been so stupid as to let her heart decide what to do, let Steve and bucky go. In doing so she had betrayed tony and was therefore also a wanted person. Now she was stuck in France, on the top floor of some ancient flats, with no one.

Suddenly, she heard the front door slowly creak open, and whispering. She tensed, pulling out a gun, aiming at the bedroom door. Seconds later it burst open, it was the police. Natasha grabbed her backpack, ran towards the widow, flinging it open, dodged 2 bullets by ducking, then jumped out onto the window ledge. The road loomed 7 stories below, surely deadly was she to fall.

What seemed to be a mix of FBI agents, and police started closing in on her. Natasha did the only thing that seemed logical. She jumped. Reaching out her hands she managed to grab the ledge of the roof of the next building, pulling herself up. Then she ran to a safe distance, Smirking her signature smirk at them, Before disappearing from the enemy's view.