Chapter 11 Steep Stairs

Start from the beginning

Gave himself to the love of another.

Letting himself be touched and pampered.

And Nat's breathing testifies to his tremendous pain.

He can't help but just shake off Jaime's hands with one small movement.

"Go ahead! We'll follow you!" he tries to pronounce confidently.

His flaming eyes search the way and he can't let the life-giving oxygen flow deep inside him.

"We have to get into the jungle first. There's a signpost to the stairs!", Max films the green splendor in front of them, "Come on, Nong Nat!", he grabs Nat's hand and they start walking.

The heavy mood behind them will already follow.

And Net also runs off directly.

And doesn't turn around again to catch sight of James' sad face.

James stares at the back of his cougar and decides not to give up.

He runs after him.

He will forever if he has to.

He's going to win his heart back.

And his hands reach for his shoulders.

I won't give up that easily.

"Wait for me!" he whispers to Net from behind, "I'll be lost without you!", James hands seek his warmth again.

And Net has to swallow his longing.

Why does his heart have to react like this?

Why can't he just feel empty?

He wants so badly a numbing from this pain.

And Jaime's hands give him comfort and at the same time make him feel this pain so.

"After all, I'm always here. You could always be sure of me. I'm not like your ex. I put my leash on myself!" grumbles Net grimly as they step into the shady green of the jungle.

Big, small, shaped in many ways green meets strong, thick, thin brown.

There is a rustling, chirping, scratching in the hot, wet air.

With each step deeper into the jungle, the four men feel more detached from reality.

"Net!" pleads James, holding him by the arm.

He pulls him back a little, wanting more distance from the friends hiking ahead of them with the vlog camera.

Net stops without turning around.

"You're mad! I can understand that. I had to let you know, though. I'm really not proud of my past. I was very unhappy and didn't make the right choices!", James tries to explain and immediately gets resistance.

"Yeah, because you loved him so much. I can really imagine how you let yourself be treated badly out of love!" it hisses out of Net quietly, "And I was so stupid to always show you my heart openly. And always letting you push me back!" he gives him a hurt look, "Let's move on!" he says coldly and starts to walk on again.

James feels hot tears behind his eyes.

"No!" he says, holding Net again, "I just couldn't handle getting so much loving attention!" he seeks the closeness of his cougar, "I swore I wouldn't get involved with love again!" he explains, seeking Net's gaze, "And I have a trust issue. And we're working partners after all."

Net shakes his head.

He looks him in the eye.

"Yes, we are working partners. Then let's work now. We're here to film Maxnat on their winning tours," his cold voice rings out, piercing James' heart like a knife.