עשרים וארבע

Start from the beginning

Once you land, you fall through a portal beneath you, landing back in Svartalfheim, Thor and Malekith on your heels. You hurry to your feet, knowing you won't be able to get back to Earth without luck. In less than a moment, Thor and Malekith tumble to the ground next to you, and you back away, grabbing the hilt of your sword. You have never used it in a real fight, but you may have to now. After a whopping week of training.

Thor throws Mjolnir at Malekith's chest, but it disappears through a portal. Malekith shoots the Aether at Thor, throwing him back several feet. You unsheathe your sword and run to Malekith, who is walking towards Thor. You stab Malekith in the back, doubting that it will do any good other than giving Thor a few more seconds to recover. As you expected, Malekith seems more annoyed than anything about being impaled, the Aether keeping him alive.

You pull your blade out and Malekith turns to face you. The Aether shoots out of him and flies towards you, pushing you back. It knocks the wind out of you, and you land hardly on the ground several feet away. You slowly pull yourself up, trying to catch your breath. When you manage to sit up, both Malekith and Thor are nowhere to be seen.

Crap, crap, crap! You hurry over to where Thor was, hoping the portal could still work, but after jumping onto the spot, nothing happens. "Okay, the Convergence hasn't ended, so there has to be a way for me to get back to Earth still," you say, thinking aloud. "Otherwise, I guess I could teleport back, maybe. But that's unreliable at best." You sit down, tired. You haven't ever teleported this much all at once. If you're going to teleport off this planet, you're going to have to save as much strength as you can.

"Even if I find a portal, who knows where I'll end up? I could go to any of the Nine Realms. Everything's so much more connected now, if I take a wrong step I could fall into Jotunheim and walk straight to Muspelheim. Physics is broken, reality is always shifting, bringing everything closer-" You stop yourself for a second. "They aren't physically closer, but they're closer in some other way. But does that affect my teleporting?"

You stand up, focusing on a single spot in Greenwich. "I don't understand how any of this works, but if Frigga and Loki know more about my powers than I do, then it's similar to the Asgardian understanding of physics, right? And if I already teleported into the MCU, then this doesn't work based on physical distance. It's something else. Maybe it's linked to the Convergence."

You put your energy into focusing on the single spot in Greenwich, not wanting a repeat of what happened last time you traveled between planets. You can only hope that this will work and that you don't end up on Nidavellir.

"Selvig!" is the first thing you hear after you teleport. Thank heavens!

"[Y/N]?" Jane says, sounding worried as you slowly bring yourself to your knees, black circles dotting your vision. You look around and see that you teleported yourself into the middle of Jane, Darcy, Selvig, and Ian shouting when they see each other.

"Fine, I'm fine. Just tired," you say as your vision clears. You slowly stand up, only feeling a little light headed. "Feeling way better than the last time I teleported to another planet."

"Mew mew!" Darcy says as Mjolnir flies over your head.

"Where's Thor?" Selvig asks.

You put your finger to your hand for a second before answering. "Train station. I'm going to go get him before Malekith does anything else."

"You look like you'll pass out if you teleport again," Darcy points out. It is true, you might. You nod, leaning against the wall for a moment. Thor will get there soon enough, you know it. After your moment of rest is finished, you and Jane run off to find Thor. You look over your shoulder to see red circling Malekith.

"We're too late," Jane says as you, her, and Selvig reach Thor.

"The Convergence is at its peak," Selvig says, his machinery beeping.

"Can those things stop him?" Thor asks.

"Not from here."

"We can't get close enough," Jane explains.

"We can," you tell her.

"You just teleported from another planet, [Y/N]. You need to rest," Selvig insists.

"I'll have plenty of time to rest when our universe isn't destroyed," you respond, grabbing some of the devices from him. Thor takes the others and starts running into the red mist. Instead of running, you think back to the appearance from the movie. Mostly red, with Malekith at its center. You focus on that as you teleport.

"Darkness returns, Asgardian," Malekith tells Thor as you teleport behind him. All you can see is red and faint outlines of Thor and Malekith. The Aether feels like a current as it rushes around you, and you fear it will sweep you away if you don't act quickly. "Have you come to witness the end of your universe?"

"We've come to accept your surrender."

"Or kill you. Your choice," you respond as you stab a device through Malekith's arm. At the same time, Thor throws one into his other arm. You back away a few feet as the devices beep. Then they both disappear, taking Malekith's arms with them.

"You think you can stop this?" Malekith asks. "The Aether cannot be destroyed." The current strengthens, making breathing hard for you.

"But you can," you and Thor say at the same time. You take the other device you are holding and run towards Malekith shoving it through his abdomen as far as you can. Thor summons Mjolnir and takes a running leap towards Malekith, energizing Mjolnir. He hits the device with his hammer, sending electricity through Malekith. You step aside just in time for the electrical surge to launch Malekith towards his ship. Once he hits the ship, you see him disappear.

You fall to the ground as the Aether disappears from around you. Teleporting to another planet and then standing inside an Aether storm was probably not your wisest move. Not far from you is Thor, who is unconscious. You can only assume you're conscious because you had less contact with the person holding the Aether. You drag yourself towards Thor, knowing the ship is going to fall.

You hear terrible crashing sounds soon enough, and you aren't close enough to reach Thor yet. "Jane!" you shout when she tries to drag Thor to safety. She would only have to drag you a foot or two to save the three of you. She steps over Thor and grabs your arm, pulling with all she's got until you can touch Thor. You grab onto her hand and grab Thor's bicep before teleporting you and them away. Hopefully that worked out, because you immediately pass out once you landed.