Chapter Twenty Two, Outrunning Time

Start from the beginning

I froze.

I felt my heart sink, their words setting in.

I moved slightly to look out of the doorway, trying to stay hidden.

A figure stepped past me.

C/F/N.

They walked right past, a smile on their face.

Panic set in as they walked away,

They were going to find out.

I had to move.

I watched them as they walked away, turning a corner at the far end of the hallway, their short footsteps trailed off. I picked the beam up, pulling it over my shoulder, holding it much more comfortably. I stood up, slipping out of the room silently.

I began to run as fast as I could, trying to get to the bridge.

I turned a corner, my shoes sliding on the tile floor.

I stuck to the shadows as I kept moving forward, keeping myself hidden from anyone or anything that may approach.

I turned another corner, the hallway much shorter this time.

A door sat in the middle of it, leading outside.

It had to be it.

I quickly rushed over to it, trying to get there as quickly as possible.

I felt something slide right underneath my legs, tripping me. I crashed into a wall, my body sliding down painfully.

I opened my eyes, looking at the door, and the figure standing right in front of it. A grin plastered on their face.

"Oh you poor kid," they smiled sadistically, "we both know C/F/N won't be happy about this."

I tried to pull myself up, pain shooting through my body. I glanced at the beam, it laying on the ground. My eyes darted to the star, the corrupt holding it, ready to call someone.

I felt my heart sink,

I couldn't stop if I even wanted to.

I darted for the beam, gripping it tightly as I rushed the doorman. I clung to them, trying to stab them with my makeshift weapon wherever I could.

They tossed me aside, a smile forming on their face. I stood up, standing my ground.

"You know, you're probably too late if you're thinking of saving that poor boy." Their toothy grin widened, "Maybe you should just give up, he'd want you to be at peace."

I felt the world slow, my mind feeling strangely numb as their words sank in.

I was too late.

A tear rolled down my face at the thought. The thought of them hurting him, the thought of not being able to even say goodbye.

Before I knew it, everything turned into a blur of hatred.

I darted at them, attacking them with no regard.

They fought back, trying to defend themself. I hit them hard, causing them to stumble backwards as they tried to reach for their weapon.

I rushed at them, beam in hand, everything felt as if it was falling apart.

Then, I stopped, a strange cracking sound, the sounds of electricity followed.

I slowly realized what I had done.

The beam stabbed through the star on their chest.

They had a petrified look on their face as they slowly turned gray, their body losing all color and life to it.