012

My wolf runs, running as far away as I possibly can. Harry is right behind me, chasing after me as I try to think of anything but the bigger target now on my back. I jump across the creak and continue, but my body is flung against a tree.

I whimper, pain felt in my body. Something hits me again and growling occurs, my body shielded by another's.

Shift, Mae, shift, he pleads, my eyes shut tightly as I writhe in pain. My shoulder is so sore and more wolves are heard, a wolf lifting me onto its back.

Sweet dreams, Luna, Dean nags, my body sore as I feel my eyes close once again.

Let me go, I try, but he snorts.

I'm shoved onto the ground and I whimper, knowing I won't shift. I will not give them the satisfaction of shifting.

I feel my body grow cold, my breathing slow. Mae, I hear Harry, my eyes opening.

Harry, I say, his voice heard.

I'm behind you. I see you. Walk to me, he says, my body getting up. I see his piercing green eyes but I shake my head, falling to the ground. My left side hurts.

I shake, beginning to fear what is going to happen when I hear the door open.

"Mae, it's Liam."

I look up and he grabs my leg, helping me walk out. Harry nods and I fall to the ground, shaking from the shock running through my body.

Shift, he whispers, his hand holding my robe. I shift and he quickly covers me, lifting me into his arms and running.

"Hang in there. Stay with me," he says, my eyes squeezing in pain.

He seems distraught at my pain and he stops, scratching his knuckles on the tree.

"I know it's gross but kiss my knuckles. You need it," he pleads, my lips shakily forming around his knuckles. It helps the pain but I'm still shaking.

"I'm taking you home. Sleep," he says, my eyes closing as he runs effortlessly. I'm asleep in minutes.

Angry voices wake me up, an argument involving Harry and someone else arising. I sit up, changing my clothes before I walk down to where the fighting is coming from.

"You don't get to tell me who I mate with!" Harry yells, Zayn on the other side.

"You and your mate need to cut ties because our alliance just became very hard!" Zayn yells.

"No! I'm not telling you to un-mate yourself with Perrie," Harry spits, my body inferior to the loud men in the other room.

"You haven't mated with her. I know because your scents aren't one. Perrie and I have been mates for years," he says, my bare feet cool against the floor.

"It doesn't matter how quickly we mate. Mae is important to me and I will never leave her. Sure, her father is a threat to us but I can't leave. I'm marked and that means we can't leave each other," Harry states, anger laced in his words. He's furious.

"Then why did you risk the safety of you both by going on a date?! Normal wolves don't date!" Zayn yells, my eyebrows frowning.

They don't?

"In case you haven't noticed, neither of us is normal. She's ten times better than me and I wanted to take her out on a date to prove to her I'm a worthy mate. Alpha means shit to her so I had to show her I can be there for her," Harry retaliates, lifting my heart.

"What about the time he took her from you? How was that?" Zayn pushes, a smash heard. I move my body around the corner and see Harry on top of Zayn, pounding his fists into his face.