08

Hot water runs down my body as I shower, my eyes closing as I wash my hair. A few more minutes, I step out a wrap a towel around my body. A pound on the door sounds and I frown.

"Mae, let me in," Harry rushes, my hand grabbing the doorknob. I unlock the door and he opens it, shutting the door and I fall backwards at the force he inflicts on me.

"What's going on?" I ask, his lips puffed out as he covers my body. It fears me that the towel will fall off my body.

"They're tracking your scent. I'm masking it," he explains, my head nodding.

He stays here for minutes until he nods, standing and helping me up. I cling the towel to my body and he looks down at me, his hand setting on my waist.

"You alright?" he asks, my head nodding. He kisses my cheek and walks out of the bathroom, my feet following after him. I open my closet and I feel him behind me, my eyes closing as soon as his lips are on my neck.

"So soft," he whispers, my lips parting.

"You smell so good," he mumbles, his nose running down my shoulder.

Since he admitted he was falling into the ways of normal mating wolves, he hasn't stopped the little sparks of emotion towards me.

"Harry," I lightly moan, my head leaning back on his chest.

"So good," he continues, gripping my waist in his hands tightly.

I push his hands off and walk into my closet, shutting the door. My mind is turning, his lips always burning my skin at his kisses. Since that night, I've thought about claiming. Would it just be easier to let him claim me?

As I put my clothes on, a sharp noise is heard in my head again and I scream.

Get him out of the house, Esmae. If you want him to live, get him out.

My father's horrible voice plays in my mind, my eyes filling with tears as he continues to taunt me. I scream again when he laughs, my hands covering my face.

My body is lifted up and I grip onto Harry's shoulders, his warmth soothing me.

"You have to leave," I whisper, holding him closer.

"You have to leave or he'll kill you," I say, his arms tightening on me.

"He's just saying these things. We're leaving tonight," he whispers, my arms tightening around his neck.

"Where are we going?" I ask, his arms strong as he holds me.

"I have a place. It's on the land of the pack Gemma's mate is in. He's allowing us to stay there until my alliance can help me with your father," he says, leaning his forehead on mine.

He lifts my body up, my lips curving as he sets me on the ground again. He looks down at me and presses his lips to mine.

I wrap my arms around his neck and our lips stay connected, my eyes closing as my heart pounds against my chest.

"Harry?" I whisper, his lips brushing mine.

"Yeah," he whispers, mumbling against my lips.

"Do you still...hate claiming?" I ask, curious at his response.

"Yes and no," he explains, my hands moving to hold his cheeks.

"Yes, I don't want to hurt you and no because I want everyone to know you're mine," he says, my eyes looking down at his chest.

"Why?" he asks, my lips pushing together.

"I-I was curious," I says, his body stiffening.

"We need to go," he says, my hand taken in his as he runs down the stairs of the house.