Chapter 2 - High School (Sam)

A lot of girls have been dreaming of their freshman year since they found out high school existed. I didn't see the big deal. It was pretty much the same thing as middle school but bigger and with more people to annoy me all year long.

     I glanced down at my schedule. First period of the day was geography with Mr. Anderson. I'd herd a lot about him, even from middle school you hear the rumors of the best and worst teachers, weather you wanted to or not. Luckily for me he was not one of the infamous.

      I looked around to see if I could find my friends, Allie, Derik and Jenna. I was unsuccessful and I decided that I'd find them later. I looked at my watch. 6:43. The first bell didn't ring until 7 so I had plenty of time to find my locker, classes, and maybe look into the library.

     My plans change when my friends find me. "Sam!! Sammy!!!! Samantha!!!! Saaaaammmmmm!!!!!!!" Allie yelled as she, Jenna and Derik approached me.

    Allie jumped on me and smothered me in a bear hug. I look at my friends and they shrug, trying not to laugh.

    I push Allie off me. "Jeez girl I saw you yesterday."

    "Yeah but we weren't in high school yesterday." She was struggling to keep back a squeal.

    "What's your first period?" Jenna asked.

    "Mr. Anderson. What about you?"

    "Mrs. McGuire."

     "Me too!!!!!" Allie couldn't contain her squeals this time.

     We compared schedules for what seemed like forever. Derik looked down at his watch. "We have 10 minutes. We better get going so we aren't late on our first day."

     Allie gasped, "We should play hookie!!! High school is all about playing hookie!!"

     "What'd you smoke before you came here today? Girl chill, it's just school."

     "It is not just school." She replies, "it's high school!!"

    "I'm leaving." Derik says and turns away.

    "Me too, sorry Allie." I say, picking up my bag as I run to catch up with Derik with Jenna at my heals.

    "But guys.... Wait for me!!!!"