We all then start poking the trash bags.

____________________________________

Time skip to recess

Lucas, Dustin, Max and I were outside sitting on  a staircase, waiting for Mike to get a call from Will or Mrs. Byers.

He then came back.

Lucas: Anything?

Mike: We need to talk. AV room. Right now.

We all got up and followed Mike.

Mike then looks at Max.

Mike: Party members only.

Ro: Come on, Mike. Seriously?

Mike: No! This is non negotiable.

Ro: Sorry Max, I'll talk to you later.

Dustin: Sorry Max.

Lucas: Yeah sorry.

____________________________________

We were all now in the AV room.

Mike: Will didn't want me to tell you anyone, but on Halloween night he saw a sort of shadow in the sky.

Lucas: A shadow? What kind of shadow?

Mike: I don't know, but it scared him. And if Will really has true sight, if he can really see into the upside down, maybe he saw that shadow again yesterday.

Dustin: So that's why he was frozen like that.

Mike: Maybe.

Ro: Can it hurt him? I mean if it's the shadow thing isn't from our world.

Mike: I'm not sure. Dustin?

Dustin: Well if you're in another plane, you can't interact with the material plane, so theoretically no, the shadow can't hurt him.

Mike: Yeah, if that's even what's happening. This isn't D&D. This is real life.

Lucas: So then what do we do?

Mike: We acquire more knowledge. I'll go to Will's house after school and see what's going on. You guys stay here and find Dart.

Dustin: Dart? What's he gotta do with this?

Mike: Will heard him in the upside down. I don't know how yet, but he's gotta be connected to all this. He's gotta be. If we find Dart, maybe we can solve this thing. Maybe we can help Will.

____________________________________
Time skip to the end of school.

Lucas and I found Max near her locker.

Lucas: Hey Max. Have you seen Dustin? We were supposed to meet him after class.

But she completely ignored me and leaves.

I looked a Lucas.

Ro: Max? Did you do something?

Lucas: What? No.

We both followed her outside in the parking lot.

Ro: Hey Max, what's wrong? Where are you going? I thought we were going to look for Dart.

Max: Yeah good luck with that.

Ro: Hey! What's wrong?

Max: What's wrong? What's wrong with you? I thought we were friends.

Ro: We are friends. I don't understand.

Max: No. I don't understand!

She turns back to look at us.

Max: You guys act like you want me to be your friend, but then you treat me like garbage!

Lucas: That's not true.

Max: Yes it is! You go hide in the AV club, keeping secrets like we're in second grade or something. I thought you wanted me in your party.

Ro: We do! But...

Max: But what?

Lucas: There are just things. Things we can't tell you for your own safety.

Max: My own safety?

Lucas: Yes!

Max: Because I'm a girl?

Ro: Max you know it's not that. I'm a girl too.

Max: Did you keep secrets from El?

Ro: How do you know about El?

Max: Did you?

Ro: That was different. Trust me, okay? That was just...different.

Max: You know what? Forget it okay? I don't want to be in your stupid party anyway. I'm out. You two have a nice life.

She then leaves.

Lucas: Max!

She ignores us.

Ro: Great, now I lost my first ever friend whose a girl.

____________________________________
Max's POV

I ignored them and saw Billy and his car.

Billy: Those kids you were talking to. That's Roseline from the arcade right? Who's the other one?

Max: He's no one.

Billy: No one?

Max: They are in my class.

We both got in his car.

Billy: Why were they talking to you?

Max: It was just for a stupid class project.

Billy: Then why are you so upset?

Max: I'm not.

Billy: They causing you trouble?

Max: Why do you care?

Billy: Because Max, you're a piece of shit, but we're family now whether we like it or not meaning I'm stuck looking out for you.

Max: What would I ever do without-

Billy: Hey!

Hey then grabs my arm.

Billy: This is serious shit, okay? I'm older than you and something you learn is that there are certain TYPE of people in this world that you stay away from. And those kids Max, are one of them. I let it slide the first time, but now this is a warning. You stay away from them, you hear me? Stay away.

He lets go of my hand and starts the car.

What the actual fuck.