chapter 3

gon's pov

it was the next day and its the day where i'm going to take the hunter exam! i can't wait, y/n's going to be going with me and im going to become a hunter!

i see y/n coming down the stairs with a large bag.

"hey y/n, whats in that bag?" i asked

"stuff i need for the exam" she said

"oh!"

"gon! y/n! we need to hurry or else you're gonna miss the ship!" mito san yelled

"hai!" y/n and i said in union.

we go to the deck to and board the ship. y/n and i both hugged mito san and y/n left to board the ship. i was talking to mito san until i hear y/n yell out "GON IF YOU DONT BOARD NOW WE'RE GOING TO LEAVE WITHOUT YOU!"

i realize that the ship was taking off so i ran and jumped on it just in time.

we gave our goodbyes to mito san one last time before whale island was not visible anymore.

timeskip to the questioning of the caption

"first, tell me your names" said the caption

"im gon!" i said

"im kurapika" said the blonde haired boy

"im y/n" y/n said

"its leorio" said the tall man in a suit with glasses.

"why do you want to become hunters" asked the captain

"my dad is a hunter, i want to know why my dad wanted to be a hunter" i said.

"im here because im following gon on his adventure" i heard y/n say.

"hey you two! you didn't need to answer his question ya know" said leorio

"i dont need to tell you why i'm here" said leorio

"same reason as leorio" said kurapika.

"it seems like we have two more dropouts now" said the captian.

"huh what do you mean" asked leorio and kurapika.

"the examiners hire us to select the best applicants out of each bunch if you didnt know" the caption said as he blew out smoke.

then, kurapika started talking. "im the last survivor of the kurta clan. my clan was killed by bandits four years ago, i wish to become a hunter to hunt down the bandits, the phantom troupe."

"money, thats the reason. MONEY CAN GET YOU ANYTHING!" leorio said.

"mhm i see, you can go now" said the caption and they left.

timeskip to the arrival (y/n's pov)

after we got off the ship, the captain pulled me and gon over to tell us to go to the pine tree on the top of the hill. i noticed the boy there eavesdropping but i continued to listen to the captain. he then gave us a "good luck" and left.

me and gon told kurapika and leorio to go that way and said it was the captain telling us but leorio didn't listen.

as we walked off without him, i said "hey how much do you bet that he's going to change his mind and come back?"

"he won't come back" said kurapika.

"oh? i bet in 7 seconds that he's going to come back running to us kurapika san? if i win, give me a kiss on the cheek. how about that?" i said smirking.

i looked at kurapikas face and sees his wide eyes staring at me. he doesnt respond so-

"7"

"6"

"5"

"4"

"3"

"2"

"1"

"HEYYYY" leorio said as he ran back to us.

"whyd you come back" kurapika said

"hey, i thought that yall needed me so im back!" said leorio

"kurapika san~ i won the betttt" i said

"instead of a kiss, let me call u kurapika!" i said

"ok"

we walk up the hill and then come across the town. suddenly, an old lady and masked people appear infront of us and asked us a question. we didnt answer and thats when the guy that stalked us showed up, telling us to move and let him answer.

"if your mom and lover fell into the river, who would you save first" asked the old lady

"my mother ofcourse!" he said

"i only have one mother that i cant replace. i can replace that lover!"

"you may pass" said the old lady as the wall behind her lead to an open path

"just tell her what she wants" said the guy as he smirked and walked to the path.

"let me answer this question guys" i said.

"if your son and daughter fell in the river, and you can only save one, who would you save?" asked the old lady.

kurapika realized something and was about to say somehting but the old lady stopped him.
"let the young lady answer the question. if you speak a word, you all will be disqualified"

the time passed and all i gave was silence.

"times up!"

"HEY THATS NOT FAIR, HOW ARE WE SUPPOSE TO ANSWER THIS! THERES NO CORRECT ANSWER" screamed leorio as he was getting ready to attack the old lady.

"LEORIO STOP, YOUR RIGHT! THERES NO CORRECT ANSWER SO ALL YOU HAVE TO GIVE IS SILENCE. THATS THE CORRECT ANSWER" yelled kurapika as he got ahold of leorio.

"correct" said the old lady.

she pressed a button and it lead to the wall opening. "you will walk straight down the path for 2-3 hours and when you reach the hut, there would be a couple that would guide you there to the exam site"

we walked through the tunnel and the path, crazy to think that the old lady was accurate about time. we reached the hut and as we opened the door, a fox monster runs out. I hear a mans weak voice saying "save my wife"

i already knew that this was going to happen so i tell leorio to stay with me while gon and kurapika go chase the monster down along with the "wife".

we helped get the man up and me and leorio tells him comforting words, knowing that i will pass if i say these.

time passed and gon and kurapika comes back, with the creatures and the girl.
"you all passed" said the real couple.

the couple and the children picked us up and flew across to land to the busy city.

we follow him and we reach a tall building. i look at them being amazed but i just follow the guide to the restaurant.

the trio notices that and runs to us. as we enter the restaurant, the aroma in the air makes me super hungry.

"what would you like" asked the cook

"is the back room open?" asked the guide

"i would like 4 steak combos that opens your eyes to the light"

"how would you like them?" the chef asked

"grilled over a low flame until cooked" he said

we walked to the back room and i sat down. man im really hungry.

he closed the door and the room started going down.

leorio and kurapika started arguing about hunters, i couldnt care anyways.

ding!