Because Denji was the last person to get out of the car, he had a good view of Ame's back profile while she was talking to Kazuto. Under the bright blue skies, white flurry clouds and yellow sun did he finally get a clearer look of Ame, especially when she turned her body slightly around to motion him to hurry up with her hand.

Bright, golden hair that was still tied into a bun, a halo resting above her head, her hairpin accenting her hairstyle and her glass pale porcelain skin. She wore the same kimono from last night - black with large lotus blossom designs.

She looked ancient and beautiful at the same time. She is nice and had the kind of smile that'll make you fall in love with her instantly. Denji thought, the gods above must took their time while creating a beautiful figure like her.

"Can I have the curry katsu?" Kazuto asks, his eyes bright while looking at the lit up menu.

Ame nodded her head. "Can you go sit where Makima is? We'll be sitting there too." Though Kazuto nodded his head, Shirohato raised its neck to look at Ame and slowly motioned it from left to right.

"I still don't trust her!" Shirohato spoke as Kazuto was walking away. Ame placed her index finger in front of her lips, eyebrows slightly knitted together.

"Tweet tweet!"

"Is he your child?"

Ame jolts, letting out a small shriek before turning her head to look at Denji with a confused look on his face. "He's not my child!" She responded rather quickly. "He's my brother...adopted brother, to be exact." She explained, taking out her purse that was safely tucked inside her obi.

"What do you want to get?" Ame asks

"Ah, I'll have an udon and...an udon and a corndog! That okay?" Denji asks, turning his head to face the angel standing beside him.

"Of course!" Ame beams. Denji swore he felt his heart beat fast when she smiled at him.

Out of the blue, a man with blood oozing out of the side of his head came running towards the stall attendant they stood. "H-Help me!" The man shouted, one hand placed where his blood came coming out.

"I'm a public devil hunter" Makima said, suddenly standing besides them, showing the man her identification card. "Did something happen?"

"A d-devil kidnapped my daughter!" The man shouted. "My daughter!" He repeated. "My daughter got dragged in the woods!"

"Curry udon order up!"

"Is it okay if I take him for a moment?" Makima asks. Ame nodded her head and faced the stall attendant who was a little shaken from earlier.

"One curry katsu, two udon, one corndog and one soba noodles!" Ame says, before adding. "Please add takoyaki and blue raspberry slushies!"

As Ame punched in their orders, she caught sight of Denji immediately running out of the rest stop and entering the woods. Blinking twice, she turned her head to look at Kazuto and Shirohato, the two were just by themselves sitting in a long table. And after a minute to two, the food is ready.

"Where did he go?" Ame absentmindedly asks, taking a hold on her wooden chopsticks before splitting them apart.

"He went to deal with the devil!" Makima says after chewing the curry udon inside her mouth.

"They prowl and roam around like lions, still looking for someone to devour even in this hour, huh?" Ame asks under her breath, unaware that Makima was listening to her. In which Makima simply nodded her head which made Ame feel a little uneasy, this didn't go unnoticed by Makima. "Something wrong?"

Ame shook her head almost immediately. "Everything's fine!" she said before slurping into her noodles.

"Where is he already?" Ame asks, sipping on her blue raspberry slushie. "His udon noodles are gonna get soggy." She said, savoring the taste of her drink in her mouth. "Not unless he likes soggy noodles..."

"Are you worried about him, older sister?" Kazuto asks, sipping on his slushie as well while his legs move back and forward simultaneously.

"You gotta understand her" Shirohato says, "Ame's been lonely for-"

"You don't have to mention it again." Ame says, her face darkening as she looks at the white dove.

"Tweet tweet!"

"Oh!" Makima beams just as she was about to take a bite on her corndog. "He's back!" she said delightfully. "I see you're a dog that I can use." she commented, watching Denji return with the father's child.

"Woof" Denji responded

Kazuto blinked, looking at him with black beaded eyes. "Did she just call him a dog?"

"And did he just barked?" Ame asks next

"Tweet tweet!" Shirohato pitched angrily, flapping its wings.

The two other public hunters along with Makima took care of the father and the child in the back of their van, leaving Denji, Ame and Kazuto outside the rest stop.

"I don't know much but...you did good earlier" Ame says, raising her head to smile at Denji with her eyes closed. However, Ame suddenly felt something drop heavy in front of her. Opening her eyes, she found Denji leaning on her body, his arms wrapped around loosely on her waist.

"The chainsaw cuts me when it comes out...I think I lost too much blood and got anemic..." He told her. Blinking her eyes, she was reminded of the string sticking out of his chest.

"I hope it isn't too much to ask...but where is your devil dog?" Ame asks. Denji could only look up at her with a sad smile.

"The devil I had as a pet became my heart. Unbelievable, right?" Denji chuckled softly. "But it's true."

Without hesitation, Ame lifted his body up to give him a tight hug. "I may hate devils since they create chaos and disturb the humans' peace, but you and your pet are one of a kind." Ame whispered in his ear.

"Losing a lot of blood results to acute or severe anemia and can be fatal. It even increases your risk of death." As Ame was about to say something again, her eyes widened. With the little strength he has left, Denji stood with his feet planted firmly on the ground and hooked his fingers under Ame's chin, their eyes meeting together.

"Can I...have another dying wish?"