"Wow" Tony says. "I really didn't think you'd actually figure it out"

"Then why'd you ask me?"

Tony goes quiet for a second.. "I don't know.."

"Do you want me to go with you?" You ask softly, reaching for his hand.

"You'd do that?" He asks shockingly.

"Of course Tony.. I'm not letting you do it alone" you smile.

"Do you truly think I'll still be ironman without the Arc-reactor in my chest?" He asks nervously.

"Why would it matter?"

"Because the world doesn't like Tony stark... they like the suit.. the blowing up stuff" he says sadly.

"For what it's worth I prefer you over any stupid tin suit" you say quietly. "Tinman" you tease.

"I didn't come up with the name.. I just rolled with it" Tony chuckles.

"You must have loved all the attention and girls" you smirk.

"It was a good way to fill out the blanks.. a te-"

"Temporary fix.. right?"

"Yeah" Tony says confused.

"I know what you mean.." you sigh.

You exhale sharply as you play with the hem of your shirt.

"Ever since i leaked all the SHIELD Intel, I haven't dared to leave this tower.. one moment I was a hero.. for the first time in my life I was doing something I was great at, and people loved me for it" you explain. "The next all my dirty little secrets are out... I spent years trying to hide that part of myself.. Now everyone knows.." you add. "They know what I truly am"

"And what is that?"

"A killer... a monster"

Tony looks at you with sadden eyes, his gaze locked upon you.

"Or I'm not sure anymore.. Loki told me I couldn't run from my legacy. But I never asked to be Any of that.. The truth is.. I don't know who I am anymore.. an agent.. a goddess..Midgardian or Asgardian..."

"Who do you want to be" he asks softly.

"I just want to be a girl.. someone who falls in love, and spends the rest of her miserable boring life with someone.. and one day dies knowing she was loved" you admit.

It hurt you to admit, cause you knew that was something you could never have.. you'd outlive everyone you ever loved.. if you had kids you'd hVe to watch them grow old and die.. knowing you could never have what you dreamed of.

"I know I could never begin to understand what you've been through.. but I just-" Tony stops himself, trying to come up with the right thing to say to you.

"You what?"

Tony paces back and forth until he settles down beside you.

"I just want you to know I don't hate you"

"Geez thanks" you chuckle.

"No.. I just mean that.. I could never truly hate you.." he says softly.. "in the end you're probably my best friend"

"I am?" You asks shocked.

"Yeah.. I mean you're probably the only person who's ever truly cared for me.." Tony says. "Seen past my selfish needs and extremely charming looks" he smiles.

"You almost didn't ruin it" you grin.

"I'll take it" Tony smirks.

"What do you say, we go out. Get some drinks, have fun for once" you propose. Holding out your hand.