Chapter 27: Can I Have This Dance?

Start from the beginning

"You can have fun being alone, and being with someone. You just need to be okay with yourself." Jordan said, "Look at McKenzie and I. We broke up like five or six days ago, and we're here sitting together."

"Five days ago, and he's right. He doesn't even care that I'm here with the guy I dated before him." She said.

"Not one bit." Jordan said.

"Moving away from the weirdness. Maybe you'll find someone to dance with while you're here." Taylor said.

"That's what I'm hoping for." I said, looking around the room trying to see if I could find Henry who wasn't sitting with us.

"Henry's on the other side of the dance floor. He's with Seth, Steven, and Steven's friends." Jordan said. I guess I was too obvious.

"Why isn't he sitting here?" I asked.

"I told him to join us, but he said he wanted to be with them." Jordan said. He knew I knew of Kevin, but he didn't mention him. I wonder if Henry took Kevin as his date.

"I still can't believe he's gay." Mindy said.

"Why not?" Jordan asked.

"He just never seemed gay to me before." She said.

"So who cares if he's gay. He's free to do whatever he wants." Adam said. Did he take homosexuality better than Kyle did?

"I think you mean whoever." Jordan said.

"Okay, let's change the topic to something more appropriate." Taylor said.

"Should we go dance?" Mindy said. Everyone got up, and we went to dance. I had no idea what I was doing, and I looked dumb just standing there.

"Just do what everyone else is doing." Jordan said. I did my best to mimic everyone, but I wasn't sure if I was doing it right.

After dancing for a while I needed to use the restroom. As I was exiting the room I ran into Josie.

"Holy crap you look good." I said.

"I look good? Have you seen yourself in the mirror?" She said.

"Thanks, but I'm not a big fan of the color of the shirt."

"I think it looks great. It's a good color for you. So did you come here with someone?"

"No, I came alone. I just met up with some friends."

"You should've told me. We could've hung out before this, maybe take some pictures."

"That would've been fun, but I was at work." I told her.

"That's boring."

"Yeah, it is. How about you, did you come here with someone?"

"No. I came with my friends, but there's this one guy in our group that I'm hoping to get a slow dance with."

"That's cute. So far every slow song they've played I've sat down."

"Oh come on. Go find someone to get one slow dance with. Even if it's just a friend. Is there no one at your table that would dance with you, cus I will if you want, just let me know."

"Thanks. There's one guy I'd like to dance with, but we're not even on the same table."

"Oh my god who? You haven't told me there's a new guy." She said. Smiling.

"It's this guy I've known since forever, and I've kinda had feelings for this whole year."

"Oh my god you're smiling, and blushing. You really like him."