chapter 8- Sherlock.

It's the next day and I'm in the car going to work. I kinda get lost in my thoughts about yesterday but soon i realize i have arrived.
I walk to scoops and say hello to robin, Steve and Dustin.
"Ok guys me and Dustin are gonna look around the mall for anyone suspicious, ok?"
"Oh, ok. Me and robin are gonna try and crack the code. Be careful tho."
"Yeah, you too." Steve says as he walks away with Dustin.
"Ok, so the week is long. The silver cat feeds when blue meets yellow in the west. What the fuck could that mean." Robin says.
"Ok let's think. We know the tape was recorded at the mall so the code has to have something to do with it too, right? So let's try and find any connections between the code and the mall."
"Good idea, i was gonna suggest that too."
STEVE'S POV:
me and Dustin are looking for anyone who looks suspicious. I am using the binoculars.
"Do we really know what we're looking for?"
"I don't know. Someone suspicious, some Russian dude carrying a suitcase. Anything!"
I look around every direction and i don't see anything suspicious, but my eyes end up on y/n who is talking to this customer and laughing.. he's so cute.
I don't know why but i got a bit jealous.. i mean there's no reason to feel this way.
"Steve, what are you looking at?"
"Y/n is talking to a guy, they're laughing do you think they're flirting?"
"Oh my fucking god -dustin says as he grabs the binoculars from me- were trying to find something that will help us with the mission. And no i don't think they're flirting they just laughed! Your overthinking this."
"Yeah, sorry.."
"No it's ok, plus i agreed to help you two. I don't know how you don't see it but y/n likes you, like he laughs at all your jokes, he always smiles when your around.. i mean He clearly has a crush on you. So just don't be weird around him."
"Thanks Dustin, ok now let's get back to our mission I also promised to help you."
Me and Dustin go back to searching but eventually give up and head back to scoops.
Y/N POV:
*A few seconds before.*
"Holy shit." Robin says as she runs to the center of the mall with the notebook we are using to figure the code out.
"What?" I say as i follow her.
"The silver cat feeds. I knew I had seen something like that here before! I just signed some delivery from the mall and the guy was wearing a cap with a silver cat. When it says the silver cat feeds its talking about the delivery company! So the silver cat= the lynx transportation."
"Oh shit, your like a mini Sherlock. Okok so the next part is a trip to China shounds nice.. a trip to chi- the restaurant! The Chinese restaurant!"
"Yes! And tread lightly is.. -robin says looking around as Steve and Dustin walk back to scoops.- tread.. the shoe store! Right?"
"Yes 100%! So, then when blue meets yellow in the west. When blue meets yellow.. the clock! It has a blue and a yellow pointer! But how does it connect to the-"
"The west! In the clock! Both pointers stopped when blue and yellow pointed to the west! That has to be it!"
We both wright this down and run back to scoops so we can talk to the guys.
"What were you two doing?"
"Being geniuses."
"We cracked the code." Robin says finishing my sentence.
We explain to them what we just figured out and start creating a plan based on our facts and knowledge of the situation. Soon the mall begins to close so we head home for the day and decide to begin where we left today.

A/n: sorry if this is bad, I'm very sleepy rn. Xoxo.