Chapter 12: Dances And Duels

Start from the beginning

The soft breeze of the wind pushing on their coats and hair feeling a sense of calm and freedom causing both to relax as the afternoon sun slowly descends on the horizon.

"Then what about us? Can we become stronger? And be immortalized?" Akari asks. "Almost nobody can compare to us trying to compare our skills to some of the students is hopeless."

"That's where you are wrong." (Y/N) turns to face her. "We are not that great. We are merely a fragment of humankind's long, long line of history just like Professor Port. It's how you spend it." 

"My dream... was to just finish Haven and become a hunter and live a quiet life with my family but... the world prevented me to have that." (Y/N) takes a deep breath. "Now I sinned which if you discovered... You'll hate me for life."

"(Y/N)? What was that last part?" Akari asks as the school bell rings.

"We'll talk more next time." (Y/N) gives her a smile reassuring her.

Akari raises a brow as she watched (Y/N) walk away, "What are you hiding?"

A ring catches her attention, taking out her scroll she sees that it came from someone with the title, "Nene."

"Uhh..." Her finger hovers over the answer or ignores buttons before sighing and clicking the answer button. She raises the scroll to her ear.

"It's been a while sis." Akari greets while scratching her head.

"It seems so..."

"Anyway, how is... how's mom?"

"How do you think?"

"Right..."

There was silence for a bit, "Have you?"

"I have not."

"You know what to do if you find out."

Akari lowers her hand and looked at the palm before forming a fist, "I know."

"That's a good-oops!" Akari hears a yell before a gunshot was heard then splatter.

Akari felt shivers going down her spine, "I gotta go, sis..."

"Oh! Well... good luck being in beacon. Tell your classmates I said hi!"

Akari smiles, "I will. Goodbye, sis."

She lowers her phone from her ear and disconnects from the call. "Hopefully she doesn't visit beacon."

(Y/N) wander the newly filled hallways choosing something until he chose his weapon. Lily.

"Lily should suffice." He whispered, before looking at someone staring. "Don't you think?"

The person raised a brow, "What are you going to use Lily for?"

Looking at the person who asked he smiles as Shiro walks up to him. "I'm planning on upgrading her."

"Are you going to add anything?" Shiro raises a brow.

"Maybe... or maybe not. But anyway... I'll see you again." (Y/N) pats his shoulder and walks off.

===

Days went and it was time. Shiro and (Y/N) have their new clothing, it was the day of the dance, perfect timing for them.

"So, I'll see you at the dance," Shiro comments as he places the suit inside the closet.

"Sure." (Y/N) places his suit inside the closet and watches Shiro leave the room.

He looks at Beacon Tower and smiled before checking his weapons as well as his mask. "This is going to be a strange dance."

===

Smiling to himself, he enters Beacon Tower. "Time to do this job."

Back inside one of Beacon Academy's buildings, Akari looks around trying to find (Y/N) but to no avail. Sighing to herself she walks up to a partying Azure.

"Hey, Azure." But Azure took her hand and began dancing with her.

"What is it Akari? Not having fun?" Azure asks as she twirls around.

"No, I'm trying to find (Y/N). Know where he is?" Akari answers trying to keep up with her.

"Nope, maybe Shiro knows where he is," Azure replies. "He should be at the punch bowl."

"Thank you." Akari spins away from the dance floor and took a break before going to the punch bowl.

(Y/N) watches from the tower, patiently, guarding the tower. It might be quiet and eerie being alone but, he got used to it. However, his eyes were surprised to see a person jumping from rooftop to rooftop going toward the tower.

"That's strange." Cloaking himself with the tower's shadows he allows the person to knock out the guards.

It didn't take long until the elevator dinged, using his sneak attack he tries to punch the intruder but the person leaped at the last moment and turned to face (Y/N).

They didn't speak, only glared at each other behind their masks, and not before long the two charged at each other. Both began to have a chaotic duel destroying majority of the computers there as sparks fly from their weapons, arrows hit the gadgets inside and destroyed a window, with a loud clang they get into a blade lock but a loud ding was heard causing both to look at the door revealing Ruby with her weapon, Crescent Rose.

"Get out!" (Y/N) yells before pushing the masked woman's sword who leaped back and shot three arrows with her clothing lighting up with dust.

The woman shoots the arrows causing (Y/N) to block the arrows and chase after her but the person stood at the broken window, a little smile was sent before the woman jumped off the building. He rushes over to see where she was headed trying to get a sense of where their hideout could possibly be, unfortunately, the enemy was able to escape. 

"Shit." (Y/N) whispered as a ding was heard causing both him and Ruby to turn revealing Ironwood standing.

"What happened here!?" Ironwood yells looking at the scene.