The ships he was intercepting passed through their port flank and sailed on, continuing towards the capital of Ontwood.

"Captain! Should we open fire?" The ship's first-mate asked as the iron leviathans passed through their line of fire. Right now they can shoot their magiguns and deal some damage against the intruding vessels.

"No! They didn't open fire on us." The captain answered as he noticed what looked like hundreds of human being standing along the sides of the unknowns ship manning what looked like small guns. "Follow them and do best to keep pace!"

Unfortunately they were struggling to keep pace as these iron leviathans were fast, real fast. By his estimates they were cracking off over twenty eight knots, pushing passed what his ships were capable of pulling off. It was boggling. How could these full iron vessels move faster than his?

________________________________

January 6th, 1900
Ontwood, Brathorn Imperium

"My lord! Unknown ships are approaching the city's harbors! They're unlike anything we've ever seen of them!" The emperor's retainer burst into the throne room to alert the current ruler of the Imperium about what is happening outside.

"Who approaches our shores? Is it the elves? The dwarves? Perhaps the Arconians by any chance?" Emperor Güner asked from his throne as the retainer kneeled. "What business might they have this far from their area of influence?"

"My lord, we do not believe it to be either, or from any known faction we're familiar with. The flag they're waving are unlike any design we've seen. They're as strange as the ships waving them!"

"Is that so?" The emperor contemplated what he was told and made a response. "Have our wyverns and city guard on high alert. Monitor these ships and destroy them if they pose any threat to the city. If they come to challenge us then we'll make sure they pay with their destruction." The emperor was not pleased, following what was believed to be an intrusion by unknown flying birds, and the murdering of a nobleman by supposed rebels within the frontier. What were the colonial guard doing?

Outside, the harbors were in a flurry of activity by city guardsmen who rushed out from the barracks constructed within the outer city and port, and wyverns that were taking off with their riders from the roosting towers erected around the city. Five hundred guardsmen with fifty field magiguns were mobilized along the port while two hundred wyvern bronzes took flight and began circling around the city.

Meanwhile from afar the approaching iron leviathans continued sailing closer without any sign of stopping or retreating. It would seem they have no acknowledgement to the show of force coming from the city's defenders.

Eventually the unknown fleet pulled off and lined their starboards with the harbors, finally coming to a stop and anchoring. They all let loose a loud bellowing horn as if announcing their arrival to the whole city. Every commoner, guard, and noble was now focusing their attention on the iron leviathans that pulled up before their city. Everyone was tense as the field guns were rolled up and aimed at the ships. Wyverns were circling around ready to rain fire upon them if they attacked. It was then that one of the riders noticed something on the large flat decked ship that brought back horrific memories.

"Hey! Those are the same birds that attacked us five days ago!"

He remembered the day he and his wing sortied against several unknown large bird like objects that approached the city and attacked. He remembered that horrible cracking sound as traces of light cut through his compatriots and their steeds, sending him and the rest who survived flying back to their towers.