The summer we fell in love

~4 years ago~

~Peters Pov.~

Bobs birthday is coming up (i couldn't find Bob's birthday so pls if someone knows lemme know) and I still have no idea what I'm gonna get him. I mean since it's Bob it has to be something special. God what could I possibly get him.

"Peter? Hey Peter are you there?", Justus voice broke me out of my thoughts.
"Ehm yea I'm here. What's up?", I tried to sound normal and not stressed even though I was freaking out.

"Jeez what did you do to your room?"

Justus looked through my messy room.
"Please tell me you did not buy 16 presents for Bob..."

I noticed how my cheeks heated up.
"He's my best friend... I couldn't decide-"
"Peter! Kelly is your girlfriend and you got her a flower necklace for less then 3 dollars, Bob would be greatful for a book."
"I know I know but I don't- I can't explain it... It just has to be perfect"

Why though... Why does it have to be perfect. He's turning 13 it's not like this will be his last birthday.

"You are stressing too much. Just pick one and then let's go. We said we will meet with my aunt at 4pm it's already 3:56pm. I really don't wanna be late again. Hurry"

"Okay okay I'll pick one later."

Justus and me started running to the ice cafe where we were supposed to be meeting with his aunt and uncle.

~two days later/Bobs Birthday~

I still haven't found a fitting birthday present and I am currently in a fight with my girlfriend.

"YOU DON'T GET IT PETER! I HAVEN'T TALKED TO YOU SINCE 3 MONTHS! YOU HAVE BEEN SO OBSESSED!", she shouted at me.
"what are you even talking about?", I calmly asked.
"JESUS CHRIST PETER!! YOU. ARE. OBSESSED. WITH. BOB."
"W-what do you- what are you say-"
"Peter", she calmly spoke, "I am trying to say that... you are in love with him."

I froze.

What. No. I am a boy.

"But he is a boy-"
"See. You don't say stuff like no Kelly, I love you or what no. You only care about the fact you are both boys. Peter you are fucking gay."

She turned around and walked away.

"Kelly! W-wait"
She turned around, a single tear leaving her right eye.
"No Peter. We are done. Don't talk to me unless you are normal again."
And with these words she left.

What does she mean "normal". I-is it wrong... Do i actually love Bob. No right? I am not gay. I am normal. Right? I love Ke-
No. No I don't love her. Fuck. She is right. I am not normal. But I have to be. Fuck it.

The doorbell saved me and I opened the door. The postman gave me a package.

I thanked him and he left.
Back in my room I opened the package and took out Bobs final present.

I'm sure he'll like it.

I wrapped it and left to go to Bobs party.

It was time to give him his presents.

He got a lot of books and now it was my turn.

"Happy Birthday Bob. I hope you like it", i said while hugging him.
I gave him the present and saw Justus staring at me.

Bob opened the present and his head immediately went straight up. Staring at me.
I got nervous. I got hella nervous.

"Peter... This is THE BEST present I have ever received. Thank you very much."