e l e v e n

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Special thanks to Julia (Jbug8700) for giving me help with details on a character that comes in later. The character is completely made up, and I don't have a picture for them yet, but I'll attach one if I find one I like!

***

Yato wouldn't call her.

He and Yuki had been working for the past few days out of town, leaving Hiyori alone. Yato was hesitant, but only left after Hiyori cajoled him for almost thirty minutes that she would be fine. He wanted to stay with her, but Kofuku had ensured him that the mission was completely necessary. It had been two days since they left, and Yato was missing Hiyori like crazy.

Yato wouldn't call her.

His phone burned a hole in his pocket, the small device's presence stressing Yato out. He was afraid that something bad happened to Hiyori, and he wasn't sure if he could live with himself if she got hurt while he wasn't there.

But Yato wouldn't call her.

Walking up to Kofuku, Yato sighed. He really missed Hiyori. He could barely focus on his surroundings, the beautiful girl taking over his every thought. Kofuku led Yato to an old building, where they met Yuki. Phantoms lurked throughout the old place, but his mind swarmed with thoughts of Hiyori.

He wouldn't call her.

"This is the last thing we have to do before we leave." Kofuku pointed at the stairs. "Clear this building, and we're all done." Yato snapped his head towards the stairs, a smile spreading on his face. Once they were done here, they could go home.

And he could call her.

Yato and Yuki cleared the building at lightning speeds, chopping a monster on the right and slicing one on the left. Kofuku followed, shouting commands and the occasional warning. Yato sliced and diced, clearing the three story building in almost ten minutes. Panting on the room of the building, Yato turned Yuki back. Kofuku clapped behind them, voicing a praise and releasing the boys from their duties. Yato ran from the top of the building, jumping onto the pavement. Waiting for Yuki to jump down beside him, Yato pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed a number hastily.

He was going to call her.

//////////////////////////

Hiyori threw on athletic shorts and a large tee shirt, jumping when her phone started ringing. Walking barefoot over to her bed, she flipped open the phone without looking at who was calling.

"Hello?" She cheerily answered, putting the phone on speaker and slipping on some socks.

"Hiyori." A breathless Yato whispered, his voice husky and sensual [wink wink]. Hiyori's breath caught in her throat at his voice, her heart filling with an intense longing for his touch. She stood in place, taking in ragged breaths at the emotions overflowing in her chest.

"Yato." She stated quietly, affection oozing through the smile now taking over her face. "I'm so glad you're okay." Hiyori felt tears well in her eyes, relief filling her from the corners of her brain down to her toes.

Suddenly, a flash of light appeared in her room and Yato stood in front of her. Hiyori smiled, tears of happiness spilling down her cheeks. She rushed into his arms, wrapping hers around his torso in a tight embrace. Yato smiled happily, glad to be back in her embrace. He rested his chin on the top of her head, inhaling her scent. He had missed her touch so badly, it hurt. She affected him way too much to be healthy. Simply being without her for a few days had him going insane.

Yato leaned his head down, placing his mouth a few inches from her ear. "I missed you so much." He whispered in her ear, giving her shivers. Hiyori could feel his breath on her skin, goosebumps raising on her arms.