【28】Desperation From an Ally

Sun rise came. Another day starts.

"Have a save journey."

"Thank you."

Y/N, beside the head-priestess and a few other priestess was sending Ayumi and Hana off on their journey as a "Walking Priestess".

Ayumi and Hana took a glance at Y/N who had this usual casual smile on her face as they also put on theirs.

Now, they're no longer on each other's neck. But now, they are acquaintances, someone Y/N could look for when she needed help. After all, they did owe her bigtime.

"We'll take our leave now."

As Y/N see their backs slowly going further and further as they walk down the stairs of the hill, Y/N was glad that they ended their 'fight' with good-terms. Because she knows, she might need them to pay back the favor one day.

"Y/N."

"Yes?" Y/N replied to the head Priestess's call.

"Follow me. There is something we needed to discuss."

And so, the H/C haired lady in a Shinto Shrine Priestess attire follows the older lady to a room.

That old lady sat down, and also instructed for Y/N to do so as well.

"We received a letter from a Shrine... The Priest there was once a student here. The content of it was rather comcerning."

As the head Priestess is telling her some information, the younger priestess is listening carefully as she sat with both of her hands folded on top of her lap. Just a little misinformation could be fatal.

"There was a disease spreading through that town. It spread rather quickly, that the three Priestesses there are overwhelmed, and two of them actually caught the disease themselves. In the letter, 4 citizen had died from it. And who knows that the number might have increased by now."

"That is unfortunate." Y/N replied.

Seeing the conversation, the H/C haired lady can see where this conversation is heading.

"Y/N, you are the best herbalist we have. Please go to Asahaba Shrine in Hayatari and save them." The head Priestess said.

Hearing of how the disease is spreading quick, Y/N was rather anxious to accept the request.

Even so, Y/N's heart is still too heavy to decline it, especially knowing that she was the most skilled one about herbs and medicine in Aridagawa-Tashima shrine.

"4 other Priestesses would be assigned with you, and 2 of them are new desciples. And ofcourse, some men from the townspeople will escort you there."

"Understood."

Y/N accepted the task. Afterall, it is a part of her role as a Shrine Priestess, something she was taught of while growing up.

"We should leave tommorow morning." Y/N said,

"Why not today?"

"Lets gather herbs for today. Im pretty sure we would need plenty, since you say pretty much everyone got the disease."

"Very well. May the Gods help you save the people."

The Head-Priestess bowed and seeing that, Y/N bowed as well. After lifting their heads up, Y/N stands up and left the room.

Making her way to the armory room, Y/N took a bow and a tube full of arrows.

"Y/N-san.. " Someone called.

The H/C haired priestess then turned around, finding 4 other Priestesses who's blocking the door, with a hesitating look in their faces.

Y/N recognized 2 of them, they were one generation before her, Priestess Mika and Priestess Mako. Twins that the Shrine rescued from getting sacrificed to a Cursed Spirit.