【25】Confession of a Maiden

The sun was setting.

The people of Aridagawa-Tashima shrine is preparing to close.

It was just another finishing day at the shrine until,

"Ayumi-san! Hana-san!"

A group of maidens quickly dropped the basket in their hands and went to the duo who looks completely beaten with all the bruises on their skin and dirt on their clothing.

Ayumi had the unconcious Hana on her back, while she hold herself together from passing out.

"What happened, Ayumi-aneki?"

Ayumi cant think of an answer. She was too much in pain, too much in embarassment to think of an answer.

"What the heck are you guys doing?! Their wounds needs to be treated!"

.

.

.

"What happened, Ayumi-san?" a senior maiden calmly asked as she treats her wound, "It's quite a jump to see you all beaten up."

"...How's Hana?" Ayumi asked, staring blankly at the ceiling.

"Although she hasn't open her eyes, i assure you, she would be just fine."

Fighting those who are obviously way out of her league. That was something Ayumi never done. It got her thinking, is this truly about the deal... Or is it because of something else.

Everything tht happends today, would be in her memories forever, like a scar that would never heal.

"Well.. I would leave now. It would be better for you to rest as well."

Ayumi's dark blue orbs watches the senior shrine maiden leave with a blank stare.

What were they thinking earlier?

Was herself being too desperate for salvation for her family? Was she trying to break free from all this crap? Or was it something else?

Ayumi doesnt know.. Right now, she's too exhausted to think any further and complicated thoughts.

S H H R R . . .

The door slides open, and frown appears in her face when she saw who's the one in the door frame.

"We need to talk."

Said Y/N in a serious manner.

.

.

.

.

.

"Yesterday afternoon, Y/N, Hana, and myself were taking a stroll. We founded a weasel-like curse. It wasn't strong, but it is sly."

Ayumi began to rule out the cronology of the event that happened yesterday, a cronology that she made up last night.

"Hana thought that we should follow it, because it seems like that curse were serving someone. And..." she hanged up her words, pretending to have a small trauma attack.

And that is when Y/N put her right hand in Ayumi's shoulder, an obvious supportive body languenge.

Y/N smiled and nodded, giving a sign that she would continue the story for Ayumi instead.

"We followed it, and to our suprise, we encountered this lady in Junihitoe, or recognized as Lady Amemiya."

Gasps were heard from the eavesdropping maidens, and shock were written over the 3 Shrine officials that was introgating them.