"Mell?"

"The person I'm dating."

"It's nice to meet you," Mell spoke her hands soft in the grip of Adeline. She was, not going to lie, pretty scared of her, Jake had told her many stories about his 'amazing' sister, but seeing her now in real life before her she lived up to all the expectations he had set.

A beautiful girl with longish brown-red hair that was wavy with bangs. Blue eyes that sparkled as the ocean and a sweet smile that made your heart melt. She was pretty tall, not that tall but a little above average, she was wearing joggers and a loose crop top, a comfortable fit, yet she made it look stuning.

"You too," Addie answered, her voice still pretty sweet but with an edge to it. It was a little warning, saying she'd accept the relation she had with her brother, but she still had to prover herself somehow.

As they walked towards the car Mell tried talking to Addie, she didn't talk that much but that didn't have anything to do with her, she was just tired. She actually liked Mellisa. She was sweet, pretty and really put in the effort.

"Sorry if I don't talk to much," Adeline sighed, her voice now also sounding tired. "Just a little jetlag other wise I'd too talk your ears off."

Mell laughed but before she could actually reaspond was intterupted by Jake putting his arm around both the girls, "She really doesn't stop talking, you actually should run while you can."

"Oh, shut it!"

Adeline decided to sit in the back wanting to listen to the conversation but not have to put in to much input. As she listened to the tales Mellisa and Jake told mostly about the time she was away, but also about their college years seeing they had actually been in the same one. She liked Mell, she decided there, she was good for her brother.

And he deserved the best.

But most of all was she happy he finally found the courage to find love. Their parents weren't a good example for them in their youth. But she found Jo, and she learned what it was to be in love thanks to him, but Jake had found it difficult, devoloping the same trust issues and anxiety as his sister.

He deserved the world, and maybe Mellisa could finally give him that.

She smiled at herself while opening her phone, shooting a text int he groupchat to say she landed, but also privately to Jo.

Darling💛
I landed
and I met this girl Mellisa, she's the girl Jake is dating
she's really sweet and pretty

Schatje💕
how was your flight, slept through it all?
that's great jake deserves a good one

Darling💛
i did...
can we call sometime tobight?
i don't think ill be able to sleep without hearing your voice

Schatje💕
of course love
you can call right when your home
its already late there right?

Darling💛
yeah it's preety late
five hours difference
kind of abitch

Schatje💕
call me when you're home x

Adeline closed her phone again focussing back on her brother and Mellisa's conversation. She had laughed a lot in their discussion about tomato being a fruit or vegetable.

"But then ketchup woul be a freaking smoothie?!" Jake exclaimed, "it doesn't make sense!"

"Yes it does!"

The girl just shook her head at the two, they reminded her a little bit about her and Jo when they first started dating.

She opened the door to their house but it almost felt wrong, knowing he wasn't beside her nor was he going to be inside when she opened the door.

Shaking her head she just unlocked the door and made her way to her bed, after she emediatly locked the door behind her again. She had waved Mell and Jake off seeing as they were going on a date that same night.

CALLING SCHATJE💕...

"Jo, pick up please." She stared at her screen untill his face popped up.

"Hey love."

"Hi."

He just smiled softly at her, he didn't really have anything to say, nor did she, but they really did wanted to see and hear each other. Even if it wasn't all that long ago.

"I miss you," she mumbled, her face half squished in the pillow and half visible to Jo on the screen.

"And I do you."

Suddenly a tear formed in her eye, she didn't know why or how but hearing him say that made her feel sad, guilty and anxious.

"Don't cry love! Hey, hey. We'll see each other soon alright?"

"I know," she mumbled.

"Do you want to hear what Finn did today?"

"Please."

And he told her all about the stupid things he did, along with the other teens and even Joe and Jamie. He told her about Nat and Maya missing her, about Charlie slipping in the airport, until she fell asleep.

"Goodnight, I love you," he said over the phone, not hanging up but also closing his own eyes.

He heard her mumble something back but couldn't hear it clear enough, he just smiled imagiing it was her saying a sleepy "and I love you."

A/n

sorry for the late update

a friend came over and i completely lost track of time! Hopefully i will have time to updat again tomorrow but i fear this'll be it for today as i have a party of my brother :/

also the 1 of august i'll be leaving for a camp so i won't be able to post till im back the 11th :((

but next week ill still try to update as much as possible!

I love everyone of you who reads this tory or even interacts with it!

I'm sorry for spelling mistakes or grammar ones, my native language isn't English

I hope you have a great day, week and month!!

don't forget to try and eat and drink lots