Brothers of truama

Okay so as I mentioned this is a short story kinda going back and forth between regulus and Sirius talking about family trauma and themselves to James and Remus. The song lyrics from "Family line" will be throughout this bc it's based around it so most of the context is the lyrics, as well, you can listen while you read or after that's up to you. Obviously it's not going to be exact to the lyrics bc they're trauma isn't the same as Conan's but it is quite similar. So TW for talk of abuse.
____________________________
Sirius pov

"You can tell me anything Sirius, I won't judge or hold it against you." Remus says softly, he's sitting next to me on the grass, we're hidden away in our secret little spot in the woods that we found together once. "I know, I just-" stopping to let myself take a breath, trying to figure out how to explain the knot in my stomach to Remus. Of course Remus would never leave or hurt me, it's just that maybe he wouldn't understand it all? "It's okay, take your time" he whispers taking my hand softly, he gently tells me to breath. I didn't even realize I was holding my breath.

"My father never really talked a lot, he just locked himself in his study until his anger took ahold of him and then he hit. Me and my brother and my mother didn't really do anything of course-" I can't look up, can't look at his face, I know it's all just pity. "They're just the ones who gave me life right?" The harsh laughs comes out quickly. "But I truly am my parents child." The tears start pooling before I can comprehend them, falling onto our joined hands. Remus squeezes softly to tell me that he is still listening, that he's here, which honestly makes me want to cry harder.

"Scattered across my family line, I'm so good at telling lies, that came from my mothers side." The harsh wet laugh escapes my throat, leaving a burning all the way up. "Told a million to survive" Remus' other hand comes up softly and wipes my tears, he whispers encouragement. "Godric, I have my mothers eyes. But my brothers when I cry. I couldn't protect him, I tried to keep him safe, honestly I did, I can run, but I can't hide from my family line."
Remus pulls me into his chest, because now I'm full on sobbing and can't get another word out.

————————
Regulus pov

"What about Christmas? Will you run away with me reggie?" James smiles and pulls me onto his lap while sitting on the bed in the room of requirement. His glasses are crooked and falling off his nose, his hair a mess. "It's hard to put into words-" James cocks his head and nods for me to continue "it's like- how the holidays will always hurt. I watch the parents with their kids and wonder what I did to deserve it. How could they hurt a little kid? It's like I can't forget- I can't forgive them but now I'm scared that everyone will leave- like Sirius-" I'm breathing harshly now, I can feel it. I don't know where any of that came from, it was all so sudden.

It's like a Dam breaking, words rushing out quick and harsh to share that with James, his reaction isn't pity or concern it's empathy and love. Because of course it is with James, I'm sure my brother has already shared his problems, now I feel like a burden except there's no going back. "I feel so scattered across my family line, I'm so good at telling lies, that came from my mothers side, Told a million only to survive them." James hands softly push the hair out of my face, wiping the tear that made its way down my cheek. "I feel so scattered across my family line. Godric I have my mothers eyes." James kisses my forehead softly, he brings me down to hold against his chest.

"I can run but I can't hide, from my family line" my chest feels tight and it's hard to breath but James is holding me steady, while his fingers are gently playing with my curls.

———————
Both regulus and Sirius in italics (James and Remus in bold)

"All that We did to try and undo it, all of my pain and all they're excuses, we were kids but we weren't clueless." Both boyfriends nod and look at they're Star boyfriends.

"Someone who loves you wouldn't do this."

"All of our past, We tried to erase it but now We see, Would we even change it?"

"Might share a face and a last name, but YOU ARE NOT THE SAME."

"Scattered cross our family line we're so good at telling lies, that came from mothers side, told a million to survive.
Scattered cross our family line, Godric we have our mothers eyes, but my brothers were I cry. We can run but we can't hide from our family line."

"From our family line."

The brothers crumble into they're respective partners.
____________________________
Wow okay, well I know that this is depressing I'm super sorry. I definitely wrote this at midnight bc this song was stuck in my head all day and I couldn't get the black brothers out from under the song so here's this. I'm sorry if I
made you cry. My apologies 💗

Plz tell me what you think and vote! 💗