He shoved jar jar to the ground, while he
desperately tried to scramble to safety.
"Why mesa always da one??" He asked himself.
"Because you're afraid." Anakin said to him and walked over to the creature.
"Chess ko, Sebulba...Coo wolpa tooney rana. (Careful,
Sebulba...This one's very connected.)"
Sebulba stopped his assault on Jar Jar and turns to Anakin.
"Tooney rana nu pratta dunko, shag. (Connected?? Whada
you mean, slave?)" he asked. Anakin stood up to him in a very self assured way. Freya watched in awe at the boy and realized the connection she felt between the two of them.
"Oh da Hutt...cha porko ootman geesa...me teesa rodda
co pana pee choppa chawa. (As in Hutt...big time outlander, this one... I'd
hate to see you diced before we race again.)" Anakin said harshly. The creature looked very offended and replied, "Neek me chowa, wermo, mo killee ma klounkee(Next time
we race, wermo, it will be the end of you!) Una noto wo shag, me wompity du
pom pom. (If you weren't a slave, I'd squash you right now.)" he turned away from Anakin and Anakin called after him, "Eh, chee bana do mullee ra. (Yeah, it'd be a pity if
you had to pay for me.)"

Qui-Gon, Padme, and R2 arrived behind Freya who had stayed and watched the scene. She'd been too frightened to say anything.
"Hi! Your buddy here was about to be turned into orange
goo. He picked a fight with a Dug. An especially dangerous Dug called
Sebulba." Anakin explained to them but not without staring at Freya.
"Nosir, nosir. Mesa hate crunchen. Dat's da last ting mesa wanten." Jar Jar said in a hurry.
"Nevertheless, the boy is right...you were heading for trouble.
Thank you, my young friend." Qui-Gon told him. Anakin looked back at Freya who gave him a big smile. He smiled back and walked beside her down the crowded street.
"Mesa doen nutten!" Jar Jar said. Freya sighed and walked closer to Qui-Gon.
"Fear attracts the fearful. He was trying to overcome his fear by
squashing you...be less afraid." Anakin explained. Freya looked at him and said, "And that works for you."
"To a point." He replied while grinning. Freya chuckled and caught up to Padme who held her hand. They were so close, and Anakin wished he could hold her hand.

They stop at a fruit stand on their way out of of town. Anakin seemed to know the woman and asked, "How are you feeling today, Jira?"
She smiled warmly at the boy, "The heat's never been kind to me, you know, Annie!"
"Guess what? I've found that cooling unit I've been searching for.
It's pretty beat up, but I'll have it fixed up for you in no time, I
promise." He said to her. She smiled at him and nodded.
"You're a fine boy, Annie." She praised him. He blushed and asked, "I'll take four pallies today."
"You'll like these..." He said to Freya. She smiled happily at him.
Anakin reached in his pocket and comes up with three coins. He dropped one.
Qui-Gon picked it up, revealing his lightsaber.
"Whoops, I thought I had more...Make thgat three, I'm not
hungry." Anakin told her. The woman handed them the fruit and noticed the wind was picking up.
"Gracious, my bones are aching...storm's coming on, Annie. You'd
better get home quick." She told Anakin. He turned to Qui-Gon and asked, "Do you have shelter?"
Qui-Gon sighed and said, "We'll hed back to our ship."
Anakin knew they'd never make it in time and asked, "Is it far?"
Padme answered for him, "On the outskirts."
"You'll never reach the outskirts in time...sandstorms are very,
very dangerous. Come with me. Hurry!" Anakin led them away down the windy street towards his home. He was excited to show Freya the droid he'd been working on.
When they entered inside, the group stayed at the door while Anakin walked further inside.
"Mom! Mom! I'm home." Anakin called out. Freya looked around and smiled. He at least had a warm loving home.
"Dissen cozy." Jar Jar said aloud. Freya nodded in agreement.
Anakin's mother came into the front and looked stunned to see so many, "Oh, my!! Annie, what's this?"
"These are my friends, Mom. This is Freya, Padme, and...gee, I don't know
any of your names." Anakin said embarrassed.
"I'm Qui-Gon Jinn, and this is Jar Jar Binks." Qui-Gon explained. R2 let out a
little beep making Freya giggle.
"...and our droid, Artoo-Detoo." Qui-Gon said.
"I'm building a droid. You wanna see?" He asked Freya. She glanced at his mother who gave him a stern look, "Anakin! Why are they here?"
"A sandstorm, Mom. Listen." Anakin said and she listened to the wind howling outside.
"Your son was kind enough to offer us shelter." The older Jedi explained to her. Anakin grabbed Freya's hand and led her to his room.
"Come on! Let me show you Threepio!" He said excitedly. R2 followed her, keeping an eye on her.
His droid was incredible, especially for a young boy to have built it.
"Isn't he great?! He's not finished yet." Anakin asked. He led her closer to the droid.
"He's wonderful!" Freya exclaimed. Anakin felt his chest rise with pride.
"You really like him? He's a protocol droid...to help Mom. Watch!" He pressed a button, making the droid come to life.
He placed an eye onto the droid.
"How do you do, I am See-Threepio, Human Cyborg Relations. How
might I serve you?" The droid asked. Freya looked at the droid in amazement.
"He's perfect." She told Anakin.
"When the storm is over, you can see my racer. I'm building a
Podracer!" He said to her excited. She was the first girl he'd ever really seen that interested him, and her beauty could not be outmatched.