bonus chapter: one

Start from the beginning

Murphy raised his hands in surrender. "I wouldn't dare mess with you right now, Collins. I'm literally afraid of you."

A laugh bubbled in Avery's chest as she made her way back toward the main part of their camp where she was sure to find Bellamy. Nerves fluttered in her stomach as she searched the beach, eyes instantly falling on her husband.

He and Miller were in the middle of planning out where their future settlement was going to go. Although no building had begun, everyone was working on their future everyday...and now Avery was literally growing their future inside of her.

"Hey." Bellamy called as he saw her approaching, a worried crease in his forehead. "Are you okay?"

Avery's eyes flickered to Miller, giving him a small smile before refocusing her attention on Bellamy. "Yeah. Can I just talk to you for a second?"

The worry didn't fade from Bellamy's face as he stepped away from Miller, taking a hold of Avery's hand. He could tell something was off just by her voice.

Silently, he led her away from camp, toward the water. The waves quietly lapped at the couple's feet as they came to a stop. "Ave, what's wrong?" Bellamy wondered, a certain tightness to his voice. The thought of anything worrying or hurting his wife absolutely terrified him. He could barely so much as handle her getting a little scratch these days without feeling like part of him was hurt as well.

Looking down at her stomach for a moment, Avery felt a flutter in her heart. This wasn't a bad thing...this was good. She knew Bellamy would see it like that too. Whatever fear she had been feeling before was slowly subsiding.

Bellamy brushed a piece of stray hair from her face. "What is it? You can tell me."

Avery took a hold of each of his hands, giving him a small smile. "I'm pregnant."

For a moment, all that could be heard was the sound of the waves combined with the sound of Avery's own heartbeat in her ears. And then, she heard her favourite sound in the world...Bellamy's laugh.

It wasn't a laugh of humour, but one of utter glee. His face lit up, a smile breaking across his lips, only seen by Avery briefly before he pulled her into a tight hug. "Are you serious?" He breathed, holding her close, pressing kisses to her neck.

Avery's own laugh escaped from her lips as she circled her arms around his neck. "I'm serious."

Bellamy pulled away for a moment, studying his wife's features. It was his favourite thing to do...to just look at her. "I'm going to be a dad?" He wondered, voice breaking slightly as tears of joy brimmed at his eyes.

She hadn't expected to cry, but soon enough the tears burst from her eyes as Avery let out a teary laugh. "You're going to be a dad." She confirmed, words barely leaving her mouth by the time Bellamy had pressed his lips to hers.

"I know we still have a lot to do here, but we can do this, Ave. This baby will be so loved." Without even knowing it, Bellamy was easing each and every fear his wife had had.

Pulling him back toward her, Avery kissed him again. Her heart filling with so much joy it felt like it was going to explode. "I love you." She mumbled against his lips. "I love you so much."

Bellamy cupped her face, pressing their foreheads together. "I love you, so much more than you'll ever know." His hands moved down to her stomach for a moment. "Hi baby." He whispered, a joyful smile on his lips. "It's your daddy."

Avery grinned, placing her hand overtop of his own. "We're having a baby." She whispered, as if the reality had just set in.

"We should probably tell the others." Bellamy declared, eyes straying toward where the rest of the group were working.

A sheepish look covered Avery's face. "John already kinda knows...he was there when I had the breakthrough discovery."

Surprisingly, Bellamy laughed. "He truly is the third person in our marriage, isn't he?"

"He wishes."

---

It wasn't until later that night that Bellamy and Avery finally decided to tell the others. They took the day to soak it in just the two of them, but now it was time to let the others into their happiness.

Part of the reason they decided to do it that night was also because Avery could tell Murphy was about to spill their secret. The looks he kept giving her were obvious enough.

"So," Bellamy announced to everyone that night after dinner. Everyone ceased the conversations they were in, looking to him with expectation. "We have something to tell you guys."

Clearing her throat, Avery finished his sentence, the smile already breaking onto her face. There was no point drawing it out any further, they all surely knew the minute Bellamy said they had news. "I'm pregnant."

A legitimate scream, one that actually startled half of the group came from Raven as she shot up, clapping her hands together. "I knew it!"

Octavia was wearing the biggest smile as she hurried to her feet, rushing over to pull her brother and best friend-turned-sister-in-law into a bone crushing hug.

The rest of the group were all speaking at once, everyone trying to provide their excited sentiments. Soon enough, like every time good news was shared in that group—that family— a large group hug ensued.

Avery had never felt so happy.

The fear she had felt from before was still there, but it was buried so deep it didn't even matter. She was going to be a mother, a mother to the love of her life's child. She had her entire family here to support her, and she knew that one way or another everything was going to work out.

Their future started now.

---

-an-

one year since i finished this series so i thought i would give you guys a little chapter about when they found out they were pregnant with eden <3

thank you to  for requesting this!

love you all

-maddy xoxo