5-"Mama"

Before I head out of work for the day I stop by Jolene's room snd she is sleeping. After all she has been through she looks so peaceful in her sleep. Her black hair cut shoulder length has a nice contrast against the bleach white hotel pillow. I smile as I remembered all the things she scribbled on my note pad, she was clearly drugged out of her mind when she wrote them, but I kept them anyways. It felt good to be complimented, it had been so long since I received any kind of positive attention and it made me smile to read them.

I live approximately ten minutes from the hospital my commute isn't that bad. I climb the steps to my neighbors apartment and knock on the door.
"You're right on time Jolene." The blonde haired, thin big breastfed woman's says with a smile. She has the prettiest dimples I have ever seen on a lady in my life.

" Andy, get your things, your mommas here." She calls over her left shoulder.

"Mommy!" My little blonde haired son comes running to me. He is smiling ear to ear and so full of happiness," me and Aunt Dolly watched cartoons and she let me have a popsicle for a snack." He says grabbing his back pack.

" it was all natural made out if fruit juice." She says bending down to kiss his cheek.
" thanks Doll I owe you one." I grab Andy's small hand and we head to our apartment where we eat dinner and go to sleep to start the day all over again.