"...ey!"

You quirked a brow, attempting to make out the figure in front of you.

"Hey, ...ou!"

You squeezed your eyes shut, before opening them once more, trying to get rid of the blurriness.

"Hey, you! (Y/N)!"

Your vision slowly started to come back, but all you could make out was that the figure had pearly white hair.

"I see your eyes are open! Stop being so unflashy and answer me!"

Your vision had finally fully returned, revealing none other than the sound Hashira, Uzui Tengen. The major detail though, was that he still had both of his arms.

Before you could answer, you began to have a coughing fit, right onto his face. During it, you had coughed up pure blood, making him recoil in disgust.

"HEY! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! COVER YOUR DAMN MOUTH WHEN YOU COUGH, BRAT!!"

Once your coughing fit was over, you nonchalantly said, "You should be thanking me, old man.. I saved your goddamn arm and got my ass busted."

Uzui crossed his arms, "Well, it was very flamboyant of you to save my arm. So.. I'll flamboyantly thank you for doing so."

You quirked a small smile, "..it feels good."

Uzui furrowed his brows while looking at you as if you were an alien, "What? What are you going on about? Did you hit your head?"

You shook your head, wincing a bit from the movement, "No— well, yeah I probably did but.. that's not the reason why I'm saying this.."

You looked up at him, tears pricking your eyes, "It feels good to have saved your arm. It felt good to save Rengoku from getting impaled as well.."

You looked back down, "..it hurts. Mentally and physically. To try and save everyone all the time. It's tiring. But.. when I make the slightest change, it makes me feel somewhat better."

You frowned, your voice shaking, "Everything hurts. I don't think I've been in this much pain before.."

"..so I want to give those demons as much hell as I can. No matter what it takes."

『✦』

After hearing you yell to him, Inosuke was on alert. He started to speed up as much as he could, with Daki's head still in hand.

Within his boar mask, beads of sweat glided down his forehead as he cautiously continued to sprint. He then scoffed, "HAAH? ME, GETTING STABBED? WON'T HAPPEN!! GUAHAHA!!"

His footsteps tapped upon the rooftops as Daki cursed him out, "SHITHEAD BOAR!! LET ME GO!! LET ME GO!! DON'T YOU DARE HOLD ON TO MY HEAD SO CASUALLY!!"

She attempted to bite him, but he merely just smacked her right across the face, "GUAHAAHAH!! THAT ATTACK WAS AS DULL AS SHIT!! YOU MAY NOT BE DEAD, BUT YOU TURNED INTO A WEAKLING AFTER I CUT OFF YOUR HEAD, YOUR VITAL POINT!!"

Suddenly, he felt the hair on his neck stand up as chills started to litter his body. He shuddered upon doing so, his gut telling him that something bad was about to happen. He skid to a stop, making Daki let out a yelp of surprise.

Inosuke whipped his head around instantly, and when he did, his heart dropped. Just a few feet away from him, was none other than a charging Gyutaro.

Not too far behind him, was Tanjirou and Eli, who both yelled to Inosuke desperately, "HOLY SHIT!! INOSUKE, WATCH OUT!! MAD DEMON ON YOUR TRAIL!!"