14- Sneaking Out

Marcy blinked at her in surprise. She needed to do something? At this time?

"It's really important okay? I have to do it right now," Sasha urged firmly, her voice not revealing too much.

Marcy stared at her, looking especially perturbed. Wouldn't that technically go against Anne's wishes?

"I know what Anne said," the blonde said as if she could read her mind. "I don't want make her worry about me anymore then she already is right now, but there's something bothering me.

I have to understand what I'm feeling," she added quietly, almost as if she was talking to herself.

Not giving her a chance to answer, Sasha got up and looked through the door to make sure that Anne wasn't in the living room. Luckily, it was empty.

"I'm going out for a couple of hours. Don't follow me," she warned, her mind having been made up.

Marcy was rather hesitant, to say the least. She distractedly played with her fingers to avoid answering and manage her oncoming apprehension.

"I mean it, Marcy. It's late outside. Don't follow me under any circumstances," Sasha cautioned with arising protectiveness that she couldn't manage to push down.

Marcy held her gaze for a couple of agonizingly long heartbeats, frowning, and then nodded slowly. Judging by her delay in movements, she seemed to be more worried than usual. And with good reason.

The last time she blindly followed Sasha's words, things hadn't ended up so well.

Her eyes were even narrowed with an emotion she tried to hide...

Once she gave her approval, Sasha hastily made her way out of her room, softly closing the door behind her.

Yet even after she was gone, Marcy's narrowed eyes continued staring at the door intently...

Sasha exit the dorm and the school, and made her way outside, to the cold night air. She only managed to take a few steps forwards before a loud but familiar voice suddenly stopped her.

"Sasha, what are you doing out so late!?"

Sasha turned around came face to face with the recognizable voice.

It belonged to Grime's.

"Do you have any idea what time it is!? I assume that you must have a good reason for being out this late!" he exclaimed with disbelief as he walked over.

"I actually do have a good reason. In fact, I was going to find you. I need to think some things out," Sasha explained, on edge, completely catching Grime of guard by her troubled tone. "You're one of the only people that I trust to talk about it, and I wanted to do it in person.

...Could you help me out?"

Immediately at her request, his grouchy face softened. "Alright, I'll help. It seems that you've got a lot on your mind that you want to talk about. I do know a cafe nearby were we can talk, but first...."

"First..... what?"

His gaze drifted passed her. "You have to tell your little friend to come out from those bushes."

"Little friend?" Sasha's eyes narrowed and she snapped her head around. "Wha.... MARCY!?"

A shadowy figure slowly got up from their hiding spot and was revealed to be Marcy. She had a shy smile as she steadily made her way over to them.