"I understand. Halika let's eat apo!" humalik muna si Serenity sa kanyang mga Tita, Papa Bong, at mga pinsan niya.

"Hello Ma!" Irene said and made beso.

"Anak ko, buti naman at nakarating kayo."

"Syempre lakas mo saakin eh." she whispered. 

Nag beso muna silang lahat at saka kumain. Madaming kuwento ang narinig at halos tawanan ang maririnig at makikita mo. 

Nandoon sila hanggang merienda. They were talking about local products.

"Grabe mga local products ngayon. Glad people are are like gawang local na." Bong said

"Speaking of that I received an invitation from Serenity's school. Parang ball yata para sa pagtatapos ng mga bata and also parang about local products ang gagamitin for the theme." Irene said as she sipped her coffee.

"Ah! Serene that's what you are stressing about the past months diba? Gaganapin siya after your graduation. Diba Ms. Valedictorian?" Alfonso teasingly said.

He received a glare from his sister. Tinapakan ni Serenity ang paa ng kuya niya and looked at her aunts and uncle who was looking at her. She was obviously avoiding her parents.

"Agoy!" Alfonso shrieked. They all laughed.

"Hmm yes." she plainly answered.

Imee just looked at her niece who was looking at her cake and just quiet.

"Vens, want some cold drinks anak? Gusto mo ng iced coffee? Gagawa din ang Mama." With that Serenity's face beamed with joy. She nodded.

"Can I come with you Mama? You make the best coffee eh." Serene said as she stood up and clung to her Mama Imee.

"Syempre anak. Si mama pa? What coffee do you want anak?"

"Spanish Latte please mama."

"Ok, spanish latte for my baby."

"I love you mamaaaa!" Serene said and walked together with Imee not knowing someone is getting hurt. Someone is hurting with her actions. We can't blame her right? Greggy just held Irene's hand. She looked at him and gave a sad smile

When they finished chit chatting Serene went to Mia to play with her. (Let's imagine Mia being born in year 2012.)

"Tata let's sing Frozen pleaaaase!"

"But baby, Tata doesn't know how to sing."

"Duda ako."

"Weh?"

"Ows?"

"Don't believe her, Miatot." She heard her cousins and brother's comments. She rolled her eyes and sang with Mia.

"I'm Elsa and you are Anna Tata ok?"

"Ok po."

Mia pretended to knock.

"Do you wanna build a snowman? Come on, let's go and play! I never see you anymore, Come out the door It's like you've gone away."

"We used to be best buddies. And now we're not, I wish you would tell me why." Serene sadly sang as looked at Irene.

"Do you wanna build a snowman? It doesn't have to be a snowman."

"Tata!! Ang sad mo mag sing eeeehhh!" Mia complained that made them chuckle.

"Love is an open door nalang sing mo baby." Mike said.

They were enjoying Mia's singing voice, while Serene was quiet.

She was sitting beside her Mama Imee, so she laid het hrad to Imee's shoulder. Imee hugged her and made comfortable that made Irene's heart sting.

"So this is how she feels. I'm sorry anak ko." Irene said at the back of her mind.

...............

Few more hours and they all went home to their respective houses.

Serene was very distant to Irene even in the car, Irene can feel the coldness of her daughter. Sila na lang nga ang magkatabi hindi pa sila magka dikit dikit. Irene was trying to hold Serenity's hand, but the latter crossed her arms and focused on the road. It was hard for the both of them.

When they reached home, Serenity was supposed to go up when Irene held her hand and hugged her daughter. O how she missed hugging her daughter any time she wants. Serenity didn't even hug her back.

"I missed you mahal ko." she whispered.

"Let go." Serenity said firmly. Irene sighed as she slowly removed her hug. She cupped her face. Not until Serenity removed Irene's hand na para bang nandidiri ito.

"Anak bakit ba tayo nagkaka ganito? Tell me naman oh. Nahihirapan na din ang Mommy, mahal ko." she started to cry.

"Katulad ng sabi ni Anna kay Elsa, we used to be best buddies, but now we're not. I don't need you to tell me the reason. Kasi ikaw mismo yung problema, Mom. You know that to yourself." Serene said as she went up.

And again, Irene was left there crying all alone.

"We only have each other. It's just you and me. What are we gonna do?"

Author's Note:
Charaaaaaaaaaaan! Oh bawi na ako ha? Brace yourselves, as we have arrived to the most awaited chapter. See you there!

- Rie 🥀