𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆

Public Display of Affection

She had rested even for a second, the constant chatter of others' thoughts purged her mind. When they quietened down, someone would wake up and the noise would start again as she noted the time on the clock, there were only 10 minutes before she could go for dinner, she sighed.

"Guess I'm not getting any rest," she thought as she stood in front of the mirror, she pulled her skirt up, unsure of how high to lift it. She pursed her lips as she attempted to fix her tie, it didn't look like how Regulus wore his.

"Tamara are you awake?" she heard him, she walked to her door, smiling at him, trying to seem like she had a good night's rest.

"Not bad," he said, adjusting her tie a little, he gestured for her to walk ahead of him his eyes widened, "wait," he walked up behind her, lightly pulling her skirt down to an appropriate length. "Needs to actually cover you,"

"Thank you, I wasn't sure," he chuckled

As they walked together to the Great Hall, she felt a presence, something calling out to her. She looked all around her, Regulus halted his stride, he held her hand she looked at him, unable to speak. She flicked her eyes towards the staircase.

"Hey, you alright?" he asked

"I heard something,"

"Like someone's thought?" he questioned

"No, someone like me," he creased his brows, remembering the voice he heard on the fifth floor.

"After class, I need to show you something," he said walking towards the entrance of the Great Hall.

"I don't feel like eating," he nodded understanding this was probably a difficult change for her

"That's fine, we'll just go straight to class,"

***

Even during her classes, she struggled, whether it be hearing the strangest of thoughts like, 'I wonder if centaurs have ever raced against a unicorn' or someone literally repeating what the professor was saying. She managed to push through some of the noise and catch a few key moments of the Professor's teachings.

He nudged her leg with his as she flicked her eyes over to him, she heard 'don't worry if you don't understand I'll help you with your work,' a small smile appeared on her face. As their final class came to an end, she packed her things away as they headed towards the door, the professor stopped her.

"Miss Roephus, might I speak with you for a moment?" she looked back to Regulus

"I'll wait outside," she smiled at him as she approached the desk, the professor waited until the last students left, Regulus had told her about McGonagall, a fair teacher, though she had a soft spot for her Gryffindor students.

"Professor Dumbledore was kind enough to inform me of your situation," she nodded, "I could see you were struggling,"

"To listen, my kind can hear the thoughts of others near us, it's been quite difficult to shut it out," the professor nodded.

"If there's anything you are unsure of magic-wise, please ask,"

"Thank you, I'll keep that in mind," she smiled at the professor as she left the classroom she spotted Regulus talking at Avery and Mulciber.

'Fuck, I've got to get her alone,'

'Maybe Black might share her,'

"I'll see you two later," Regulus said, walking over to her, she eyed him cautiously, if he knew what they thought, would he even acknowledge them. "What did McGonagall want?"

"If I needed any help, I can ask her,"

"Oh, that's nice of her," he analysed his face, "What are you looking at?"

"Nothing, you said, you wanting to show me something,"

"Yes, follow me," he said, hurrying ahead of her, she the presence calling out to her, grew louder, he held her arm stopping her from going any further, there were too many students around. 'I'm going to kiss you'

Before she had a chance to react, he pressed his lips against hers, his hands resting on her waist, he kissed along her jaw, his tongue dancing across her pulse as he kissed her neck firmly. She bit her lips holding back her moan, he smirked against her neck as he pulled away from her the corridor had cleared.

"What was that for?" she questioned,

"People get uncomfortable around public display of affection," he smirked at her,

"I can honestly say no one ever kissed me like that before," he chuckled, lifting her chin with his finger lightly kissing her lips.

"So when you when you were on your trip, I found this corridor and I heard something, I wanted to know what you thought about it,"

He lead her down the corridor, keeping a close eye on her, she looked around the dusty halls it was clear no one came down here. He heard the angelic voice again, her walked close towards it, she held him back, keeping him behind her as the inched closer to the door.

Only this time instead of slamming shut, it opened for them, they walked inside, it seemed to be an old, classroom, with smashed glass on the floor dried blood stained the walls, along with parchment written in a language she wasn't familiar with, she struggled to hold him back as he pushed forward.

"Regulus, you need to leave," she insisted, his gaze lingered on her, as though he was looking straight through her.

She knew there was only one way to get him away, he held his tie pulling him down to kiss her, as their lips touched, a flame of desire ignited inside them. she guide him out of the room the second the door closed, they leaned against the door. He trapped her between the wall, roughly pull away at her robes, she braced her hands against him, making him look at her.

"Look at me, Regulus," he blinked, he looked around registering where they were.

"What was that?"

"A siren's song,"

"I don't understand-

"Whatever you do, don't go near it," he could see the worry in her eyes, "please," He held her close to him, something in the room had her scared, scared for his safety, for the safety of the witches and wizards in Hogwarts.