Page One: No Regrets

Steal... Run... Kill...
It was all I've ever known and done...
___________________________________________________________________________
My life has been a living hell ever since I was born... it all started when my father left my mother and I in the underground... Since then, my mother blamed me as the reason why he left and that I should have never been born... and after 11 oh so long years of hearing this... I started to believe it...
I started to believe that I really was the reason my father left... Why my mother treated me so poorly... I believed it all... I resented myself for it... I would be starved and abused by my mother... And think that I deserved it... It was as if I was brainwashed by her...

And that will all end... right here and now...
__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Get the hell away from me!" My "mother" exclaimed as she threw a plate at my frozen figure... mother would occasionally abuse me... physically and verbally...
Usually she would just yell at me, or remind me of the incident with my father... It was only rarely that she would turn to physical violence... Most days she would just go without speaking to me, and would just force me to steal food for her...
if I had stolen enough food to last her a few days she would feed me a handful of food for the first day, and keep the rest for herself... it was only one time were I refused to do so... after she hit me for what felt like hours... she locked me in my room until she felt hungry and needed me to steal again...
This has lasted for eleven years... And in those eleven years... I had built enough courage and strength to end it all...

after a few minutes she eventually ran out of plates... and without taking even one glance or thought she threw the next object closest to her... My grandmothers vase... I watched as the elegant piece of glass hit the ground, and shatter into hundreds of beautiful shards.
I look back up at my mother, though her face in shock, horror, and sadness, her eyes were filled with hatred and bloodlust. She looked back at me with eyes full of what gave off a blaze like fire... I could hear her grinding her teeth together as she snarled...
"look at what you've done!!" She yelled... her voice filled with venom. I only stood there in silence as I eyed a Santoku knife laying on the table next to me... Almost as if it was calling my name in a low whisper...

"LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE!!!" She screamed as she lunged at me. I quickly darted towards the knife and grabbed the wooden handle... My vision blurring... All I could hear was the sound of skin being pierced, and a shrill blood curdling scream...
When I came to, I look at my mother. Her abdomen was pierced,
the scent of rust made my nose scrunch up in disgust as a crimson red substance stained her clothes and dripped down her legs, her hands shook as she attempted to grab the knife. She looked back up at me with tears in her eyes "y/n.. Why...?" She silently sobbed, I looked at her with an expression full of hate and disgust... The same one she gave me for sixteen years... "You know damn well why..." I growl, my voice came out rough from not speaking in so long.

She only looked at me "I gave you a roof over your head... A bed... And food... And this how you repay me?" She said between coughs, I let out a small growl and glare at her "I was the one who stole the money in order for us to even have a roof over our heads, I was the one who stole lives to steal for your food... So what the hell gives you the right to treat me like this?" I sneered. She didn't reply and only stood there as blood spilled from her mouth "well? answer me..." I growled... She didn't answer... She only looked back at me without an answer "ANSWER ME DAMMIT!!" I screamed "I should have gotten rid of you a long time ago... Your just like your father..." Was all she said.

I pulled the knife out of her stomach and pushed her to the floor, her body began to lose blood quicker, I stand over her dying figure and whispered "say "hi" to dad for me..." Her eyes widen in horror as I raised the knife above her heart... I let out a scream as I quickly plunged the knife into her chest, her blood spilling onto my hands and dripping onto the floor. Before I continued, I look between my mother and the knife "sorry 'mom" I mock as I rip a small piece of her dress off. I then use the piece of fabric to clean the knife.

"Is anyone in there?" A mans voice say from outside the house 'shit.'
I run behind a small bookshelf and wait to see if I can find a way to escape. I hear a small 'creek' at the front door, followed by a gasp "m/n! Who did this to yo-" he was cut off by my knife against his throat "make a single sound and you die..." I whispered in his ear.
He slightly nodded to signal that he understood. I come closer to his ear "now answer me... Did you tell anyone else you were coming hear...? Were you followed...?" He shook slightly before answering "I-I only told my wife that I was going to check on the neighbors... But I'm not sure if I was followed or not..." He silently sobbed. I held the knife to his throat and gestured for him to go to the window so I could check outside.

As I look out the window I saw three people walking towards my house. I quickly turned towards the man and glare at him "you were being followed dumbass..." He looked at me with eyes filled with horror "sorry..." Was all I said before slicing the mans throat "you'll... Regret... This" the man coughed as he held his throat, I only look at him before saying "the world is full of regrets... However... I don't have any..." I hear as the mans breathing had come to a stop... He was dead...

No regrets...

7/21/22

edited:9/30/22