Maki's Secret Crush? (3)

Começar do início

   "Hmm? Oh..." Kokichi reached for the plate, but as he did, it slipped out of his hand on onto the floor. Both Maki and Kokichi reached down to get the plate. As Maki touched it, Kokichi accidentally placed his hand onto hers. They looked at each other for a few seconds before Maki yanked her hand back.

   "Sorry," she said, averting her eyes from his gaze. What happened next made Kokichi want to throw up. A small smile curved across Maki's face and two bright pink spots formed on her cheeks. It was right then and there that Kokichi knew for sure that his eyes weren't playing tricks on him. He picked the plate up and rinsed it off.

   "Um...I have to use the bathroom," he lied to her.

   "Okay, hurry back," Maki said, which also shocked Kokichi. As he rounded the corner, he booked it to his room and snuck out the window. He didn't want to use the front door, afraid that Maki would hear him leave. He ran all the way to the mall until he found Himiko with Tenko and Angie at the food court. Panting, he ran up to Himiko.

   "Kokichi! What's wrong?!" Himiko asked him.

   "I...I gotta...I gotta talk to you," he said, out of breath. "But first, maybe I should sit down." He sat down to catch his breath. When he was ready, he turned to Himiko. "Can we go talk in private?"

   "Excuse us, guys," Himiko said to Tenko and Angie. Kokichi led Himiko to a quiet part of the mall where the mini shops had been closed down for the evening. They sat down on a nearby bench. "What's wrong, Kokichi? Did Maki do something?"

   "Well, not exactly," Kokichi replied. "But she was being nice to me and trying to start conversations with me. She asked how things are going between you and me, then she told me that she thought the prank I pulled on Kaito last week was funny. And then, I accidentally dropped a plate, and when I did, we both bent down to pick it up at the same time, but my hand touched hers, and then she yanked it back, and then, Himiko...I kid you not...SHE SMILED AND BLUSHED!!!" Himiko covered her mouth in shock. Kokichi looked back at her with horror in his eyes. 

   "So, it's really true, then," Himiko whispered. "Maki has a crush on you!" 

   ***

   Later that night, Kokichi tossed and turned in his sleep. Images of Maki clouded his brain. He suddenly found himself in the park on a bright, sunny day. He looked around, wondering what he was doing there. He looked down at his clothes and saw that he was wearing a tuxedo. He looked behind him where a crowd of people sitting on either side of a red carpet magically appeared out of nowhere. The red carpet led to a podium where a marriage officiant stood at the center. In front of him was a bride, but her back was turned to Kokichi. The officiant waved for Kokichi to come. The crowd of people slowly turned their heads in a very eerie way to face Kokichi. Their eyes followed him as he walked the red carpet and took his place next to the mysterious bride. 

   "Peeps and peepettes, we are gathered here to bring these two weirdos together for life," the officiant said. He turned to the bride. "Do you take Kokichi Ouma to be your forever boy?" he asked her.

   "I do," the bride said. Kokichi frowned. The bride's voice was familiar, but he had no idea whose it was. The officiant then turned to Kokichi.