"Had a meeting today with a woman named Jessie Eden." He told her, she turned her head to look up at him waiting for him to continue
"Said I'm not paying the women fairly compared to the men."

"What did you say in return?" She asked, genuinely curious

Holding his cigarette with his other hand, he blew out smoke
"Told her that I'll pay the women more but then that percentage as to come away from the men."

Furrowing her brows at the answer "well that doesn't seem fair."

Raising a brow looking at her "no, it's not fair. But it's also not fair to have a union convener coming into my office telling me I don't run my business properly"

Biting her lip, not fully agreeing with him, but not wanting to start an argument.
When she didn't say anything Tommy looked down at her and sighed.
"You agree with her, don't you?"

Shrugging as she looked up "I think maybe you should just hear what she has to say."

Leaning his head back for a moment in thought, he didn't think he has any interest in what the woman has to say but if Bella thinks it'll have some benefit then he'd at least listen.

Looking back down at her, he nodded kissing her softly "for you, I will. But no promises."

A small smile shined through "that'll all I ask. Thank you for coming home early, we like having you here."

Smirking "like being here too. Still got some work to be done before the nights over though."

A knock on the office door interrupted their conversation. Then revealed Frances entering the room.
Bella offered her a smile, which she returned but always seemed a bit nervous around Tommy.

"The post has arrived Mr. Shelby." She said handing it over to him

He took it with a nod and placed it on the desk next to him.

Standing hesitantly, Frances folded her hands in front of her
"I'm sorry to keep asking you this, but chef wants to know how many people will here for  Christmas Dinner. He's new and get very upset."

Bella frowned thinking about her interaction with him a few days prior.

"26" Tommy told her

"26? Family?" Frances asked

"No. Johnny Dogs and his tribe. But make that 27, you will be joining us at the table."

Bella felt the smile spread on her face when he told her that. She told Tommy about how she enjoys when Frances sits down for a meal with her.

"I'll be busy sir."

"Please Frances? You do so much for us and Charlie. We'd be honored to have you at our table." Bella reinsured her, giving Tommy's arm a little squeeze

Hesitantly nodding "I think this will be a good year, thank you."

"Thank you Frances." Bella returned with another smile before she left the room.
Once she was gone, Bella looked up at Tommy with a frown. When he saw this he looked at her with confusion
"What's the matter?"