17.

It was the best nights sleep they both had in a long time.

The sun was barely up when Bella's eyes fluttered open. She was still on her side, looking over at Tommy as he slept soundly.

It was an odd sight, he looked so peaceful.

When she looked down, she saw that their hands were still intertwined.

This made her smile. She knew she should feel guilty but she didn't. She felt safe and comfort.

That's when his thumb started rubbing the back of her hand.

Flicking her eyes back up, she saw Tommy already looking at her. The same peaceful look on his face.

"Good morning" she whispered

Tommy nodded, "mornin' Bell"

His deep morning voice made Bella's smile widen

"What?" He questioned with a small smirk on his face

She shook her head and gave his hand a squeeze. "Nothing"

Tommy watched her in amusement for another second before turning towards the nightstand to grab a cigarette

He put it between his lip, and grabbed the lighter, never letting go of her hand.

When it was lit he dropped their hands to rest over his stomach.

They sat in a comfortable silence.

Tommy was the one to break it, "I didn't hear the shovels" he turned his head to look at her "I owe it to you peach"

Looking over at him with kind eyes, "your weddings coming up, we should feel guilty"

He sighed and closed his eyes. After a moment he nodded, "I know. But for now, I just want to be here."

"I never want to leave here"

Tommy hummed in agreement.

Their peace was broken when they heard a yell from downstairs

"Bellaaaa, you here love?!"

It was Polly.

Bella instantly sat up in the bed and looked over at Tommy in panic.

"Shit"

She jumped off the bed and started trying to get changed without taking off her night dress.

Tommy made no effort to move though, in fact he thought the whole thing was amusing.

With Tommy still in bed, Bella in the corner with a dress half way over her head, Polly walked in.

Standing in the door way, Polly looked at the scene in front of her, her face fell into a smirk
"And what do we have here?"

Bella gasped and quickly finished pulling the dress over her head, "it's not what it looks like Pol!"

Tommy just stayed in bed with a smirk on his face. It wasn't what it looked like but he loved watching Bella all frantic.

Polly folded her arms across her chest, "looks like to me, you were in bed with my nephew"

Bella stuttered for a moment "okay well in that case I guess it is what it looks like...but not in that way!" She desperately tried to fix the situation

Polly shook her head and turned to Point at Tommy

"I'm taking your assistant for the day, we're going to have tea with Ada.." Tommy nodded then Polly continued "and you need to go home, Grace has been buggin' me tryin to find you"