𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ━ 𝖇𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖞'𝖘 𝖇𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖍𝖉𝖆𝖞

Start from the beginning

Only a moment later they were all gathered in the living room and Belly started opening the presents.

When she'd opened the first gift, it was a book. "I got it from a rare book dealer", their mother then told her smiling.

"Thank's, Mom."

"Turn to the bookmarked page", Laurel stated before she gazed at Susannah. "It's your favourite poem."

"Oh, yeah. I remember Susannah teaching us to recite this." Belly looked at the other's before they all quoted the poem together, "For whatever we lose— like a you or a me. It's always ourselves we find in the sea."

"Thank you! I love it", Belly told her honestly, closing the book. "You're welcome."

Susannah now handed the young girl a gift, "Okay, open mine now, Belly."

The girl slowly opened the gift, her eyes widening at what she saw, "Oh, wow. They're gorgeous. Thank you, Susannah!"

The blond woman sat down besides her helping her to put it on. Only now Grace could see that it was a necklace out of white pearls.

"My mom gave me these pearls for my sweet 16. Radiant isn't she?", the woman questioned as she joined their mother again.

"They look great on you, sweetheart", Laurel smiled.

"Oh, I'm next!", Jeremiah exclaimed before he quickly handed Belly his present.

It was a tiny little golden key that appeared when Belly opened the box. "It's a good-luck charm to help you pass your driving test."

The girl immediately put it into her golden bracelet, smiling she wiggled it. "Perfect. Thank you."

"Think fast, Belly!", Steven suddenly threw his present at his little sister. "What?"

The brunette caught it last second, shooting her brother an annoyed glare.

"Steven!"

"Wow, Steven. I can't believe you actually spent money on me", Belly smiled as she held up the pullover her brother had gifted her.

"Relax, I just didn't wanted you stealing mine next year when I get in", her brother stated smiling.

"I didn't know you were still considering Princeton", their mother suddenly spoke up again, catching Steven's attention.

The boy seemed nervous, "You know— I— I think I'm gonna apply for some scholarships, and Dad thinks I can get some financial aid. I— I don't know. I'll see I I get in."

Their mother frowned, "Okay, uhm—"

Suddenly Susannah changed the topic again, "Conrad, uh, do you want to give Belly your present?"

And to their luck Conrad went on, handing Belly his present, which was followed by Grace's present.

At last Belly had opened every gift and Jeremiah stood up. "Hey, why don't we take my car and practice driving before we have to pick up Taylor and Sarah from the bus station."

Belly nodded, packing away the pullover, "Yeah, why not."

It didn't took long before the three sat in Jeremiah's jeep, driving down the street that lead from their house to the city.

"Okay, slow and steady. You're doing great. Just keep going straight, okay?", Jeremiah questioned her and Belly nodded.

"You excited to see, Taylor and Sarah?", the boy then questioned Belly curiously. "Yeah, uh, of course. So excited."

Jeremiah seemed sceptical, "You sure?" He chuckled quietly and Belly shrugged. "Look, Taylor is my best friend in the world, but, um, I mean you know how Taylor is. She's like a hurricane."