Zhao Jie tightly held her wrist and his chin was resting on the top of her head. "I'll have someone bring it back to the elder princess tomorrow."

She nodded and didn't say another word.

Shortly after, the sweet osmanthus flower and lotus root, snow ear fungus and pumpkin congee, and other dishes were brought over. Wei Luo was feeling weak, so Zhao Jie hand-fed her the meal.

Wei Luo felt tired after dinner. She curled up around a quilt and fell asleep. Zhao Jie went to his study.

When he had gone to the palace today, Emperor Chong Zhen had handed over Zhao Zhang's work to him. He wanted him to leave for Tong Zhou in a few days to supervise the repairing of the river channel. Normally, this wouldn't be something that Zhao Jie should have to do at this time. Zhao Jie had only been married for half a month. They only had time to be affectionate with each other for a short period of time. It wasn't very considerate of Emperor Chong Zhen to throw this work at Zhao Jie and separate him for his newly wedded wife. However, repairing the river channel couldn't be delayed. Emperor Chong Zhen had waved his hand and told him to leave for Tong Zhou in a few days.

Zhao Jie leaned back in a chair that was decoratively carved with roses. His heart felt sour. Tong Zhou wasn't far from the capital. It would only take a carriage seven to eight days to get there. By waterway, it would only take three to four days. He could bring Wei Luo with him. Moreover, Tian Chan Mountain was also in Tong Zhou. If Wei Luo was bored, he could bring her to his villa to soak in the hot springs.

He just didn't know if Wei Luo would be agreeable to this.

--------

The following day, Wei Luo had mostly recovered and she wanted to eat pickled white radish for breakfast. After she brushed her teeth and rinsed her mouth, she felt refreshed as she sat down at the table.

Zhao Jie asked her, "I have to take a trip to Tong Zhou in a few days. Ah Luo, would you want to go there with me?"

As Wei Luo bit into the pickled white radish, it tasted crisp and sweet. Without even thinking, she replied, "Sure."

Zhao Jie smiled. He wanted to hold her in his arms. "You're not going to ask me why I'm going there?"

Wei Luo ate another bite of picked radish and drank a bowl of congee. She open-mindedly said, "Isn't it something that His Majesty has assigned you to do? What's there to ask about?"

She suddenly thought of something, turned her head, and anxiously asked, "How long will we be going? Will we be able to come back before New Year?"

Liang Yu Rong would be getting married in February. She wanted to see Liang Yu Rong one more time before she got married and have a private discussion. In addition, she would have to visit Duke Ying's residence on New Year's. Chang Hong's marriage should be settled soon. She couldn't let this matter slip.

Fortunately, Zhao Jie nodded and said, "Definitely."

Wei Luo let go of her worries.

--------

Very quickly, the day to leave arrived. Knowing that Tian Chan Mountain was also in Tong Zhou, Wei Luo became more interested. While Zhao Jie was in Tong Zhou working, she could stay in Tian Chan Mountain and enjoy the hot springs by herself. It would be wonderful. Because there was a long distance to travel, Wei Luo didn't bring many servants. She only brought Jin Lu, Bai Lan, Yun Gua, Yu Suo, and two older female servants.

Because winter had started, the temperate became colder and colder on the way there. The carriage wasn't comparable to a prince's residence. There wasn't a floor heating system. Wei Luo still felt cold even though she was holding a hand stove and was wearing a cloak lined with fox fur. Wei Luo wasn't willing to go outside, so Zhao Jie stayed inside the carriage to accompany her the entire time. It would definitely be warmer with two people sitting inside the carriage instead of one person.