SS: A Forever Goodbye? (P-1)

Start from the beginning

Throughout the wedding rituals going on there, Bondita looked longingly toward the couple who had a subtle smile on their face. She was remembering the day of her own wedding.

Suddenly everything went blank in front of her. Instead of Manorama and Joydeep, she saw herself and Anirudh. Bondita, wearing a red banarasi saree completely matching with the shade formed on her cheeks and the mukut tied above her forehead while her Pati babu stood there with a charming smile wearing a white kurta with red border and red dhoti and topor on his head. She was about to put the varmala on him but he suddenly stepped back. His face held cold expression that worried her.

"Tu kaise peeche pad gayi thi apne pati babu ke?
Bechaare tang aake bhaag gaye haveli se."

Sampoorna's words were ringing in her ears. One by one he started taking deliberate steps back. "Pati Babu" she raised her arm to stop him but he kept on moving behind until he got disappeared in thin layer of fog.

"PATI BABU!"

Everyone was shocked to hear the scream and looked behind. Her hand was raised up in air and was breathing heavily. Her face was pale and eyes were red. Before anyone could reach there, she fell down on the ground with a thud.

 Before anyone could reach there, she fell down on the ground with a thud

"Bondita" There was darkness everywhere she felt as if floating in space. That was when she heard his voice calling her out. "Bondita" She heared him calling her again. She was unable to open her eyes but a wave of calmness surged through her mind when she heard his voice. Was he here?

She wasn't aware for how long she had been unconscious but definitely felt like an eternity. She opened her eyes slowly and got her eyes used to the light. There he was, in his yellow high neck pullover and black suspenders. Sitting beside her holding her hand, trying to wake her up. "Pa..ti Bab..u aap aa.. gaye?" She spoke with a subtle smile on her face.

He was having a disappointed expression. She quickly woke up and said "aap kaha chale gaye the pati babu? Aap hi kehte hai na, mushkilo se darkar bhaagna nahi chaahiye, unse dattkar saamna karna chahiye aur..." he interrupted in between and said "ye bhi kaha tha ki mushkil ka hal dhoondhna chahiye."

She looked down with a guilt evident on her face. She knew he must be angry for what she did. "Aap gussa hai mujhse?" "Nahi Bondita, kyuki gussa hoke koi fayda hi nahi hoga." He just said that with a plain expression. "Pata hai kitna darr gayi thi main, kaha chale gaye the aap?" Fresh tears started to flow down saying this. He quickly rubbed them off with his thumb and spoke up "Bondita, main kabhi apni zimmedari se mooh mod sakta hu?" there was still a subtle coldness in his voice but she cared less about that and said with a smile "aur aapki sabse badi zimmedari toh main hu." "Nahi Bondita" her smile went away as he said this. He held her tiny palms and continued "Mere liye ab ye sirf zimmedari ka rishta nahi raha. Tum meri, Anirudh Roy Choudhary ki Patni ho."