James didn't flinch when I tried to stop him and tried to pull the gun back. "I told you... I'm not done with him." He menacingly reminded. James and I were in a tug-of-war with the gun and I'm really trying not to get Ray shot. "What you're doing is crazy, James! Stop it!". "Oh, like you who never stop doing crazy things!" James was way stronger than me that I almost lost grip of the gun but I'm quick enough to dodge his punches.

I kept holding down the gun but James almost snatched it from my hands then something was pulling it back and it was Ray. "Ray?" I was surprised. "Now you're joining the fight.". "Just leave Ray alone!" it was a fierce tug-of-war and as a last resort, I bit hard on James' wrist until it bled. "Agh! You little—-" my right ear was ringing and suddenly my right arm was numb. The three of us stopped and when I saw it... blood was running down from my right shoulder and I realized James shot me.

I immediately put my left hand on the wound to stop the bleeding and holding in the pain. "Du Schwein!" Ray threw a hard punch on James, almost knocking him off and the two had a fistfight. I wanted to use the gun to stop them but it would knock me out instead. "For the love of... just fucking stop! Both of you!" I shouted at the two while holding down the pain. "If you want to kill Ray then you have to kill me first!" I taunted James but I know he could never do it.

"You never seen the last of me just yet." James pointed at Ray and I with his gun and disappeared in the crowd. "Natalie!" Ray carried me to the back seat of the car and asked if I'm alright. "So that's how it feels like..." I said to myself. What an irony that I got to know the other end of the bullet. "Don't say that..." Ray then pulled out his handkerchief and tied it over the wound. "Is this okay?". "Y-yeah... I-it's okay." I winced from the pain. He took the wheel and rushed me to the hospital.

~Reinhard's P.O.V~
The car arrived at the hospital and I immediately brought Natalie in. I know the people there were surprised by my appearance but I had no time for it. I asked for help and finally the nurse took care of Natalie when she saw the gunshot wound. I still remember how many of us carelessly kill innocent people with guns back in the day.

I sat down, anxiously waiting for the result then Natalie's phone rang. It says "Boss" but I knew it's a call from Blackwater. "Natalie? Where are you? Is Reinhard alright?" he sounded very worried. "It's Reinhard." I informed. "I'm fine but not Natalie..." I didn't want to be the bearer of bad news. "Is she alright? What happened?". "Unfortunately..." I took a breath, "She was shot. We are in the hospital." I informed and added that Conroe was the shooter. "What!" I expected the reaction and I told Blackwater that I'll explain why.

"How is she?". "Currently, Natalie is under surgery to remove the bullet." I informed. "I'm waiting for the progress.". "Alright and sit tight. We'll be there in a minute." Said Blackwater and he hung up. A while later, the nurse came out, "E-excuse me..." she was quite intimidated of me. I had to lie that my uniform is a costume to reassure her and she slightly relaxed. "Are you the patient's friend?". "Yes, I'm her roommate." I answered. The nurse explained that Natalie is fine and the bullet didn't hit any major arteries. I was relieved and thanked the nurse before she left.

Minutes later, Blackwater, Connelly and Takahashi came and asked if Natalie is alright and I informed them what the nurse informed me earlier. The three of them were relieved, "She's too stubborn even though she said that she wanted it.". "That's our Izumi!" said Takahashi after Blackwater. I chuckled in relieve and I remembered something, "Though do any of you know why Natalie carved her hand like that?" I wanted to know if they knew the reason why. "We don't really know..." Connelly answered. "We thought it was some sort of protection spell since she watches over your superior's books." And shared his theory. Those runes do look similar to the ones engraved in the Death Ring.

The four of us then went inside to check on Natalie and thankfully, she looked fine. "Aww, Ray... you didn't have to call them.". "Nope." Blackwater stepped in and admitted that he wanted the three to come. She softly laughed and I asked if she's alright. "At least now I can be more mindful when I laugh." Natalie vaguely replied but the three seemed to accepted the answer. "Still... now I know what it feels to be at the other end of the bullet." I told her not to talk about that incident again and she complied, "Yes, Obergruppenführer..."

Connelly then teased if there were any awards that should be given. "Andrew!". "What? I'm just saying..." he shrugged. I chuckled, "No, he's right..." I took off my Iron Cross and gave it to Natalie, "I, Obergruppenführer Reinhard Heydrich hereby award you with the Iron Cross medal for your bravery and sacrifice." She chuckled and thanked me, "Vielen Dank, Obergruppenführer."

"Though you should really change there, Tristan.". "What's wrong with my attire?" I asked. Connelly said that I'm scaring off people and I gave my excuse that my uniform is just a costume. "Well... did it work?" the three of them were not convinced. "Just let Ray have his fun, guys..." said Natalie, concluding the conversation and Takahashi asked what happened, changing the topic.

"It was James..." Natalie answered. The three were shocked and I explained that when I was doing my speech, there was a gunshot and it somehow missed me. "Everyone in the room then scattered in panic and ran to safety." I learned my lesson from last time to save myself instead of facing the danger. "I must've not seen him among the crowd.". "Then how did he get to you?" Natalie asked.

I sighed and shared my guess that James might have followed me and fired another shot. Luckily, it only grazed my arm. "The shot got my attention and the second I turned my attention, he was charging at me." I continued that the guards tried to stop us and the owner had called Natalie. "Then I came and I tried to break the fight and take the gun from James' hand." Natalie continued the story. I really didn't want her to continue it.

"We were in a tug-of-war with the gun and James shot me—-". "And that's how we're here." I quickly ended the story. "Ray, you know there were more—-". "We don't have to continue it." I half ordered and thankfully, the three didn't force us. "You shouldn't have come." I sighed at her. Natalie then reminded that I told the owner to contact her if anything happened to me and I cut her off, "I know what I said! But I never wanted to put you in any more harm that you already are." I felt guilty.

"She was already doomed with this since it first happened." said Blackwater. "And I've learned how to live with it from the moment I pulled the trigger." Said Natalie, accepting her fate. "And that's how she got her title!". "Please don't talk about that, Andrew..." I sighed in defeat with their answers and complied. "If that's what you want then I will not question about that again.". The four of us decided to accompany Natalie for the rest of the evening and I stayed until night.

A.N : Did you think I would forget about James? If you didn't then okay. I know this chapter looks like I'm speeding up the ending and yes, I am. But I think the progress is good enough? I'll let you guys be the judge. One more chapter left and I can finally finish the book! Hope you guys enjoy the chapter and I'll see you in the next one! RD out!! Boi!!!