𝙋𝙧𝙚𝙡𝙪𝙙𝙚

Start from the beginning

"I appreciate that, I really do. I love you so so much, and Imma miss you guys like crazy. And I guess this new job is the best thing for you and your family right now. I wish you guys the best of luck while you're away."

"I'll miss you too tootie. This is just a new chapter of life, for both of us. God has his plans. Who knows, maybe we'll run into each other again one day. This is all apart of what he has planned for us." His hand caressing my back as I wipe my tears.

He was absolutely right, everything happens for a reason. Being that we both had 2 and a half hour practices after school for sports, plus a bunch load of school work, we would be quite busy and wouldn't know how much time we would have to communicate.

"Wipe them tears up shawty. You know how I feel bout them, real niggas don't show emotion." He joked. We chuckled together as I finished wiping my tears. Times like this is what Imma miss the most.

Our conversation gets cut short by the window being opened. My 13 year old brothers head, Deuce, appears.

"Sorry to interrupt your waterworks, but momma wanted me to come tell y'all that dinner was ready. So finish up and come eat so she don't gotta send me back up here." With that, his head dips back into the house and shuts the window, leaving slightly open for us to get back in.

"Thank God, I'm starving. Too bad this our last dinner together." I nudge him as I make my way over to the window, Demani follows behind me.

We would always go to each others house for dinner at least 2 times a week due to the fact that both of our mothers were goddesses in the kitchen. Today, my mom agreed to make both of our favorite foods made by her, shrimp Alfredo with her homemade garlic bread, as a going away dinner for him.

"Hey mommy, we were reported by a twig sized little boy that the food was ready." I say walking into the dining room. I always liked to tease Deuce about his skinny he was, and as of lately it's been getting on his last nerve. It was all love though.

"Shut the fu-" Deuce begins to say but is interrupted by our mom.

"Boy don't you let the rest of that word slide out yo damn mouth. I don't care where else you say it but you sure ain't about to cuss around yo momma." She complains to him. He sighs dramatically as I stand there with an innocent smile on my face.

"Sorry momma." He said rolling his eyes.

"Dites-le en français!" She yells from the kitchen.

(Say it in French!)

"Ummm...désolé maman."He says nervously as he twiddles his fingers around. He often did that when he was annoyed or nervous.

I see Demani sit down next to Deuce as I walk into the kitchen. I see momma standing over the pot of noodles, stirring them so I go stand next to her. When she looks up at me, a small pout forms on her face, as if she could tell I was crying.

"Oh, mon bébé. Vos yeux sont rouges et gonflés, ça va mon amour?" She asks caressing my arm.

(Aww, my baby. Your eyes are red and puffy, are you ok my love?)

Since Deuce and I were babies, momma always spoke to us in French since that's where she was born and raised until she was 12 and moved to Maryland for the rest of her life. She wanted us to be bilingual, so she would speak fluently French to us and our dad would speak to us in English.

Now, she speaks it less due to the fact that I already picked up a lot of it and Deuce is going to a tutor for it, but she still uses it every so often to refresh our memory. Our dad also picked up on a lot due to them being together for such a long time, but we'll get to that story another day.