Prologue

In the darkness of night, in the coldest of winter snow, somewhere in Snezhnaya...

"I still can't believe it. To think that some random maid from Mondstadt was able to take down someone like Rosalyne in a foreign land, far from her own homeland, and here you are, making a convenient excuse to remain in the comfort of your own homeland." Arlecchino coldly said, putting down her cup on the table.

Opposite from Arlecchino is Childe, who then interrupted her, a little bit of fear in his voice that he hid well.

"She's not just some maid, and I don't even think this is the right time or place to discuss this openly." Childe remarked, trying to be his giddy self the best he could.

"What is it, Childe? Just because you got defeated in one fell swoop back in Liyue, doesn't mean that she can match us at this state. We grief for Rosalyne's death, and we seek vengeance for her... This is just utterly risible to think that we are still on the hunt for the gnoses when this laugh of a threat is around." Marionette, who is sitting to the right of Arlecchino, ranted.

"That is why. Dottore... I assume that you have some sort of countermeasure to this new threat?" Arlecchino asked the mask-clad figure to her left.

"It is alright, my friends. I will make sure to make her regret living the life that she... enjoys so, as of now... While at the same time, I will make progress in my little experiment in blasphemy."

A drop of sweat fell down from Childe's cheek, as he eyed on the photograph of the Outlander Aether lying on top of the table, and even though he wanted to face Noelle one more time after the humiliation he suffered back in Liyue, he does not want to bear the thought to face an even enraged Noelle if anything happens to Aether. If what happened to Signora is indeed a possibility, then it may as well happen to the each of them if she grew even stronger. He agreed that she needs to be stopped, but without withdrawing that enormous power that shook the entire Teyvat into a short panic.

Two blades struck each other, one that glows in a golden light, and the other is a smaller one, that glows in an icy blue one, emanating a cold aura all around it.

A maiden with short lavender hair, wearing the combination of a silver knight armor and a maid's uniform is the one that held the golden blade, who made a small smile at the other maiden in front of her, a maiden with pale white-blue hair tied in a ponytail, wearing the attire of the Shirasagi Himegimi of the Kamisato clan. The latter made a small chuckle, before the sound of a gong's toll is heard.

"Isn't that..." The maid started.

"That signals the end of the duel." The Shirasagi Himegimi finished.

They looked to see a blonde haired boy holding the stick he used to hit the gong.

"The match is up, Noelle won." Paimon said.

"What?"

"Ayaka, look carefully."

Ayaka then looked at where their blades have struck. While both blades are still connected to each other after the recent strike, Ayaka's tachi hits Noelle's spaulder. Noelle's Unforged blade however, lands a few inches away from the right side of Ayaka's exposed neck.

"This can't be. Out of all opponents that I have defeated in my years of dueling, why couldn't I defeat you?"

"Actually, I'm just as surprised as you are considering we both trained hard ever since our childhoods, albeit in different lands."

"And remember, what the winner gets!" Paimon cheers up. Ayaka then puffed her cheeks in frustration while Noelle looked away with a blush on her face.

Noelle walked towards the blonde boy, Aether, and gave him a small peck on the right cheek.

"I'm so proud of you, Noelle. You've continued to become adept in combat... You too, Ayaka. Come here."

Noelle then watched as Aether kissed Ayaka in the cheek, although no hard feelings were given since the both of them were his wives. Ayaka's frustration immediately vanished, and after the kiss she turned around, opening her folding fan to hide her face. She is chuckling silently with a very red blush on her face.

"That reminds Paimon. Remember that pillar that crushed that machine thingy back in the mines?"

"Indeed, Paimon. What of it?"

"Let's go back to see it, Paimon is curious."

"Alrighty, then. You both, find me if I don't come back by tomorrow morning."

"We will, Aether." Both Ayaka and Noelle said in unison.

Little did they knew, what kind of peril lurks deeper in the chasm.